OverviewFaculty of Management – Management Career Services Career and Recruitment Specialist (Marketing) (Temporary Position), Career Management Services, Faculty of Management Temporary in Halifax, NS
Faculty of Management – Management Career Services
Branch Halifax NS CA
Career and Recruitment Specialist (Marketing) (Temporary Position), Career Management Services, Faculty of Management
The Career & Recruitment Specialist delivers career development support to Faculty of Management students, working primarily with students interested in…
Career and Recruitment Specialist (Marketing) (Temporary Position)
Career Management Services, Faculty of Management
Dalhousie University is a vibrant community of 12 faculties, 6,000 faculty and staff, and 18,500 students. An influential driver of the region’s intellectual, social and economic development, Dalhousie has campuses in Halifax and Truro and a satellite of its Medical School in Saint John, New Brunswick. The university, poised to celebrate 200 years of academic excellence in 2018, is united in a purpose-driven quest to make a lasting impact on the world. For the fourth consecutive year, Dalhousie is proud to be named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
Reporting to the Director, Management Career Services (MCS); the Career & Recruitment Specialist delivers career development support to Faculty of Management students, working primarily with students interested in pursuing job opportunities in marketing, and with employers seeking such candidates. The Career and Recruitment Specialist will educate and engage students in career development through individual consultation, group facilitated learning, coordination of special events, provision of information, and connections to potential employers.
- Responsible for preparing students for full time employment, co-op work terms and internships in the marketing field.
- Coach students in the creation and improvement of job search documents and interview techniques.
- Coach students through the job search process; understand and relate to the millennial generations’ aspirations and expectations.
- Maintain valuable connections with the business community in order to source and secure student job opportunities related to the development of skills in marketing.
- Manage the planning and delivery of initiatives and events to support and enhance the connection between students, employers and alumni.
- Conduct regular work-term reviews with students and supervisors; ensure students are receiving appropriate learning experiences and employers are gaining valuable input from students.
NOTE: In order to attend meetings with employers throughout the Halifax region, a driver’s licence and access to a car are preferred. Candidates must be able to occasionally work outside regular office hours and may be required to travel outside of NS.
Qualifications: Undergraduate degree, with approximately five years’ related experience (as a marketing professional, or in fields such as work-integrated learning, career and employment services). Must have the ability to engage a variety of stakeholders in initiatives in order to generate participation, and have the ability to communicate with and understand the needs of a diverse student and employer population. Strong customer service focus, excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills are required. Experience in the facilitation of workshops and presentations are highly desirable. Must have willingness and adaptability to learn and work in a fast paced, changing and challenging environment.
Apply on-line by January 13, 2015.
This is a Temporary position for approximately eight to nine months (available during March 2015 to December 2015). Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience (in the range of $40,000 – $55,000).
Learn more about this Employer
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2014-12-17