OverviewFacility Maintenance Attendant Level 1 in Markham, ON
City of Markham
Branch Markham ON CA
Facility Maintenance Attendant Level 1
this position is responsible for assisting with facility operations maintenance and repair work related to arenas, community centres/halls, outdoor/indoor pools…
Applications are now being accepted for the above noted position in the Recreation Department, Community and Fire Services Commission . You are encouraged to apply on-line at www.markham.ca
Job Summary :
Reporting to the Supervisor/Coordinator of Facility Operations, this position is responsible for assisting with facility operations maintenance and repair work related to arenas, community centres/halls, outdoor/indoor pools, change rooms (and cleaning of same) and other assigned areas.
Location(s): There are opportunities at various Community Centres across Markham. Please indicate if you have a preferred location where you would like to work.
Hours of work will vary but will be mostly evenings and weekends.
Duties can include:
- Performs general cleaning/maintenance (i.e. mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, window cleaning, washroom cleaning, snow shovelling, garbage pick up, detail cleaning, set-ups and breakdowns of tables and chairs
- Operates power tools, and cleaning and safety equipment.
- Responds to requests from patrons (general public) and other City of Markham staff on a general facility issues and or maintenance requests.
- Patrols the building looking for facility problems, safety hazards, or improper departmental operations.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are being followed.
- Standard First Aid and CPR ‘C’
- General maintenance skills are essential
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills and sensitivity to interact with a diversity of user groups, general public, and program participants in a courteous and efficient manner are required.
We thank all applicants who have applied; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Markham, ON, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-26