OverviewExtendicare SOCIAL WORKER (Part-Time) Part Time in St. Catharines, ON
Branch St. Catharines ON CA
SOCIAL WORKER (Part-Time)
St. Catharines, ON
Liaises and consults with government officials, company resources and professionals in relation to resident care needs and department activities….
SOCIAL WORKER (Part-Time) – St. Catharines
Candidates are invited to apply for the part-time Social Worker position in Extendicare’s 152-bed facility located in St.Catharines, Ontario.
Reporting to the Administrator, the Social Worker provides social work services for residents and families within legislative and budgetary parameters.
- Acts as liaison, as appropriate, with families. Provides counseling or group sessions for residents and families as identified – i.e., orientation adjustment programs, health tracking programs etc. Evaluates program’s effectiveness.
- Maintains established department plans, policies, procedures to meet regulatory and Extendicare standards including quality assurance.
- Manages the quality care programs including Guardian Angel, Health Tracking, Behaviour Management and Palliative Care programs
- Participates in providing in-service programs for facility staff, residents and families as needed. Encourages and supports professional growth and development of staff.
- Liaises with educational institutions and provides supervision to social work students on clinical placement.
- Maintains all required records, reports, statistics, etc. for both residents and department in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Participates on committees related to resident care and operation of the facility as required.
- Establishes and maintains communications with other disciplines, residents and families, to ensure resident needs are being met.
- Acts in an advocacy role as appropriate.
- Liaises and consults with government officials, company resources and professionals in relation to resident care needs and department activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Administrator
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work from an accredited University.
- Previous experience in a long-term care setting preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, individual counseling and group sessions.
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety practices, principles and legislation.
- Computer literate
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: St. Catharines, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18