OverviewExperis Financial Analyst – Intermediate Contract in Ontario
Branch ON CA
Financial Analyst – Intermediate
Analysis behind budget management. Reporting (initiative based) – financial program. To get approval from executive management)….
Summary: Responsible for analyzing financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related financial discipline required.
- An advanced degree in a financial discipline is preferred.
- Exposure to or experience in a business analyst role
- 2 to 4 years financial and/or accounting experience required.
- Banking experience a definite asset
Skills and Competencies:
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
- Ability to analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses preferred.
- Knowledge of legal and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting software.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, examine or analyze accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Day to day:
- Corporate real estate group – global facilities management
- Analysis behind budget management
- Trend analysis
- Reporting (initiative based) – financial program
- Developing reports (template developing) – what does it look like, what info is required, who is the viewership?
- Ensuring accuracy and timely delivery
- Business case development – ad-hoc reporting (i.e. to get approval from executive management)
Must Have Skills:
- Advanced Excel skills* – macros, pivot tables, v-lookup
- PowerPoint presentations* – developing and running this presentations – need to be a confident presenter (to senior management)
- Business Intelligence tools – Tibco: *Spotfire*
- Accounting background
- Corporate real estate experience would be a major asset
- Someone who is working towards an accounting designation
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: , ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25