OverviewEXFO Webmaster (maternity leave) Temporary in Quebec City, QC
Branch Quebec City QC CA
Webmaster (maternity leave)
Quebec City, QC
Expertise in Web writing. Three (3) years in Web content management. Ensure that the Web content provided by authors is well structured and respects quality…
Reporting to the Team manager, Digital Marketing, and in collaboration with the internal Marketing Agency, the Webmaster contributes to the planning, development and evolution of the EXFO.com website. He/she ensures the integration, evolution and update of online content, and helps train users on the content management system (CMS), to optimize their use and understanding of the system.
- Ensure that the Web content provided by authors is well structured and respects quality standards
- Coordinate the development, evolution and update of online content; ensure multilingual integration by coordinating the translation of content updates through internal and external resources; help estimate the time needed for various tasks under his/her responsibility
- Write, revise and translate short texts in accordance with the internal style guide and validated by the Senior Marketing Writer
- Participate in defining the search engine optimization (SEO) strategy; apply this strategy on a daily basis by updating online content (text and metatags)
- Write AdWords campaigns
- Coordinate the homepage banner portfolio, calls to action (CTA) and other elements
- Participate in optimizing the EXFO Blog and in creating the EXFO Newsletter
- Coordinate the evolution of the online glossary
- Manage and grant security access to the CMS
- Document and communicate the information pertaining to the CMS
- Ensure that the online library is up-to-date (documents and multimedia content)
Participate in the planning of the online content strategy as well as the website’s evolution
- Excellent writing and language skills, with professional-level knowledge of English and French grammar and spelling
- Expertise in Web writing
- Knowledge of a content management system (CMS) (an asset)
- Functional knowledge of HTML (ability to add texts and images, and to modify metatags without outside help); ability to learn how to use a content management system
- Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) and metatags
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, as well as common computer tools
- Ability to understand, simplify and process technical informationKnowledge of social media and online community management
- Organizational skills and sense of responsibility
- Thoroughness, versatility, proactivity and attention to detail
- Ability to work on numerous projects and execute numerous tasks concurrently while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team, within a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Academic and professional requirements Education: College diploma in multimédia or any other equivalent
Experience: Three (3) years in Web content management
- Professional-level knowledge of English
- Excellent knowledge of French
Based in Quebec City.
Date : September 2014 for approximately 1 year.
Other requirements: Candidates with a portfolio are encouraged to submit it with their resume. A test will be administered prior to interviews.
EXFO is an equal-opportunity employer.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Quebec City, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-23