OverviewExecutive Solutions Administrative Assistant – Temporary Temporary in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Administrative Assistant – Temporary
Provides calendar management for Real Estate employees within the Calgary office, if requested. The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and…
Our client is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant on a temporary basis. The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and program support to the staff in the Calgary office, and act as receptionist and office coordinator.
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal savvy
- Planning and organizing
- Service excellence
- Coordinates, schedules and organizes meetings and conferences with employees, all levels of government, clients, consultants and other third parties; Sets up boardroom, when required.
- Under the supervision of appropriate staff, provides administrative and secretarial support (e.g., logistics, hospitality) at internal and external meetings with stakeholders, consultants, government, and the public.
- Provides calendar management for Real Estate employees within the Calgary office, if requested.
- Types and/or formats correspondence, briefings, and presentations, including Senior Management Team (SMT) Reports and Board Submissions.
- Supports the preparation of regional and corporate reports, including assisting with the Corporate plan and assembly of annual budget binders.
- Makes travel and accommodation arrangements for staff and prepares employee reimbursement and personal expense claims (OCS).
- Serves as administrative liaison between the Calgary office and administrative units (accounting, communications, human resources, IT, records, etc.) in other Company offices.
- Assists with various corporate communications and public relations functions.
- Supports Calgary project activities. Sets up and maintain comprehensive property and contract files.
- Verifies overhead expenses, prepare payment vouchers, balance overhead costs at month end and investigate queries on outstanding invoices.
- Updates information on Executive Dashboard.
- Maintains client list and assists with mailings.
- Assists with website and The Source updates.
- Greets visitors in a helpful, professional and pleasant manner.
- Provides initial responses to routine public inquiries and refers such inquiries to appropriate staff for further response or action.
- Assists in the preparation, presentation, and follow-up for public events.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of Policies and Guidelines, procedures, records management, and information systems.
- Coordinates incoming and outgoing mail, shipping and receiving.
- Maintains regular office supply and promotional material inventory; purchasing and restocking.
- Coordinates maintenance of office equipment and electronics.
- Orders stationary and staff business cards, when required.
- Regular kitchen supply inventory; purchasing and restocking.
- Maintenance of office space for appearance and functionality as well as maintenance of storage area.
- Provides the Calgary office with IT support and liaise with IT department: monitors staff’s IT needs, assist staff with problem solving, assist IT department with set up in the Calgary office, etc.
In addition to the Key Functions listed above, the Administrative Assistant in Calgary is also responsible for the following tasks:
- Prepares monthly attendance records for the Calgary office staff
- Conducts quarterly reconciliation of property manager commission invoices
- Sends out cheques to vendors/suppliers
- Reconciles and maintains petty cash
- Oversees building security including liaising with service provider, key control and security access codes, and parking permits
- Prepares Calgary office “Welcome Package” for new hires
- Acts as the social coordinator for the Calgary office
- Mains digital photo library
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum high school diploma required, with a preference for post-secondary education.
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of experience in office administration required.
- Experience in client relations, customer service, and basic public relations required.
- Financial training and/or education, an asset.
- Proficiency with the use of standard office software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
If you are interested in this position and feel you meet the requirements of our client, please submit your resume to [email protected]
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24