OverviewExecutive Flight Centre Safety/Quality Assurance Coordinator Part Time in Edmonton, AB
Executive Flight Centre
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Safety/Quality Assurance Coordinator
Ensure all regulatory, legislative, industry and company standards are adhered to including Transport Canada, Canada Labour Code, and Occupational Health and…
Safety/Quality Assurance Coordinator
Executive Flight Centre (EFC) has been setting standards in aviation fuel and service for over forty years. Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in both Alberta and British Columbia, EFC offers a diverse range of aviation services to meet the needs of airport users. EFC also offers additional expertise and services to customers throughout Western Canada in the areas of Airport / Aerodrome Services and Aviation Real Estate Development. Our vision is to provide an excellent quality of service to all customers in the Aviation Industry by focusing on Safety, Quality, Consistency and Customer Service.
Our Edmonton Base location is seeking an experienced Safety/Quality Assurance Coordinator to support our diverse operations.
The Safety/Quality Assurance Coordinator works in conjunction with the Edmonton Base manager to ensure overall day-to-day safe, efficient and effective operations. This position is responsible for all EFC safety and quality reporting. The responsibilities of the Safety/Quality Assurance position will be performed in addition to the regular duties of the employee’s current position.
• Create, maintain and promote a culture of safety amongst all employees at the YEG FBO.
• Ensure all regulatory, legislative, industry and company standards are adhered to including Transport Canada, Canada Labour Code, and Occupational Health and Safety regulations, standards and practices.
• In conjunction with the FBO Manager and head office, establish and maintain proper procedures and guidelines for health, safety and environment, including handling hazards, concerns, and emergency situations.
• In conjunction with the FBO Manager, the S/Q Coordinator will ensure compliance with EFC and customer policies and procedures, including EFC’s SMS, Customer Service, Fueling and Ground Operations Manuals through staff training and guidance and leading by example.
• Conduct regular Safety and Quality audits and inspections in conjunction with FBO supervisors and Manager, and ensure proper corrective actions are implemented.
• Create, update, and present corporate and site specific safety orientation and training for all new employees to ensure complete and effective understanding of potential risks and expected behaviors within the workplace.
• Ensure appropriate usage of PPE.
• Investigate, record and report all accidents, incidents and near misses according to SMS protocols and follow-up, including communicating, training and coaching with all employees.
• Ensure training and record keeping systems are in place and maintained.
• Monitor and recommend corrective actions for Quality and Safety as required and provide weekly or monthly safety and quality reports for the base as required.
• Promote, implement and maintain Health and Safety and Quality projects and initiatives.
• Provide services after hours on an on-call/as-needed basis, if required by Supervisors or Base Manager
• Maintain a tidy and orderly work area, exhibiting pride in work performance and contributing to healthy and safe work environment.
• Ensure exceptional, courteous and respectful customer service through compliance and participation in EFC’s Step Up to Customer Service Program.
• Comply with and participate in EFC’s Health, Safety & Environment and Quality programs and initiatives.
• Perform any other duties as required.
• Qualifications and Experience:
• High School Diploma.
• Occupational Health and Safety Certificate or equivalent is preferred.
• Minimum of two years’ experience in Aviation/Airport operations.
• Previous experience in safety and/or quality assurance, ideally in the aviation industry, is preferred, including accident investigation, workplace inspection and job hazard analysis.
• Valid class 5 driver’s license and clean Driver’s Abstract. No restrictions permitted.
• EFC required theoretical and practical training (i.e. WHIMS, TDG, AVOP, ACE, etc.).
• EFC on the job training for Safety and Quality policies, procedures and practices.
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills including, Microsoft Office Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills, including the ability to exercise independent judgment.
• A strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
• Able to lift or move up to 60 lbs.
• Able to work in inclement weather conditions, overtime and extended shifts.
• Highly motivated and able to work with minimal or no supervision.
• Professional, punctual, and diligent.
• Able to work collaboratively as a productive member of the EFC Team.
• Please visit our web site at http://www.efcaviation.ca/ for a complete description of our company and to view other career opportunities.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] indicating the position title and location you are applying for in your subject line.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01