OverviewExecutive Flight Centre Ramp Agent Part Time in Calgary, AB
Executive Flight Centre
Branch Calgary AB CA
Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in both Alberta and British Columbia, EFC offers a diverse range of aviation services to meet the needs of airport…
Executive Flight Centre (EFC) has been setting standards in aviation fuel and service for over forty years. Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in both Alberta and British Columbia, EFC offers a diverse range of aviation services to meet the needs of airport users. EFC also offers additional expertise and services to customers throughout Western Canada in the areas of Airport / Aerodrome Services and Aviation Real Estate Development. Our vision is to provide an excellent quality of service to all customers in the Aviation Industry by focusing on Safety, Quality, Consistency and Customer Service.
Our Calgary location is seeking an experienced Ramp Agent to support our diverse operations. This is a Part-Time temporary position for 4 – 6 weeks with the possibility of extension. This part-time position will work a variety of shifts including days, evenings and weekends.
Ramp Agents support all ground handling operations, de-icing applications and possibly some fueling situations. Ramp Agents are accountable for all areas of aircraft ground handling and are required to operate in a safe and efficient manner and as directed by the Ramp Supervisor.
• Plan, design and perform ramp services according to the standards set by Executive Flight Centre.
• Load and unload aircraft.
• Marshall and chock aircraft.
• Provide a variety of servicing on aircraft.
• Assist in field maintenance, primarily on the apron and around the building entrances for snow clearing and grass cutting.
• Direct passengers on the apron as instructed by passenger service agents.
• Ensure correct baggage loading information is given to each aircraft, including any ballast concerns.
• Operate all ground service equipment.
• Perform audits on handling, safety and security as required including involvement in implementation regarding cargo and aircraft handling.
• Provide award-winning ground handling services including building quality relationships with customers.
• Make sure all customer complaints are addressed and handled professionally, leaving the customer with a positive resolution.
• Troubleshoot issues within the ground handling process.
• Responsible to clean all company vehicles, GSE equipment and Fuel Trucks.
• Back-up/support Aircraft Refuelers, Line Technicians and shuttle service as required.
• Maintain a tidy and orderly work area exhibiting pride in work performance and contributing to a healthy and safe work environment.
• Ensure exceptional, courteous and respectful customer service through compliance and participation in the Company’s Step Up to Customer Service Program.
• Comply with and participate in the Company’s Health & Safety and Quality programs and initiatives.
• Perform any other duties as required.
• Qualifications and Experience:
• Completion of High School Diploma.
• Previous experience in the aviation industry in a similar role would be an asset.
• A valid class 5 driver’s license is required – No Graduated Driver’s License permitted. Class 4 or better is preferred.
• Airport Security Clearance and Driver’s Abstract is required as a condition of employment.
• Obtain a restricted operator’s certificate (radio license) within 60 days of employment.
• First Aid and CPR would be an asset.
• Able to work inclement weather, overtime and extended shifts.
• Flexible schedule with the availability to work day, evening, and weekend shifts as required.
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Able to lift or move up to 60lbs independently.
• Able to work in confined spaces.
• Highly motivated and able to work with minimal or no supervision.
• Basic mathematics, trouble shooting skills and excellent attention to detail.
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
• A strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
• Professional, punctual, meticulous and diligent.
• Able to work collaboratively as a productive member of the EFC Team.
Executive Flight Centre offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Please visit our web site at http://www.efcaviation.ca/ for a complete description of our company and to view other career opportunities.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] indicating the position title and location you are applying for in your subject line.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01