OverviewexcelHR Editor Semi Bilingual Temporary in Ottawa, ON
Branch Ottawa ON CA
Editor Semi Bilingual
The work requires working from home and working on site at times with our client. Editing policies and procedures related to procurement and contracting as well…
We have a wonderful opportunity for a seasoned Editor with our dynamic team of federal government professionals. The work requires working from home and working on site at times with our client. This is for 80 days to July 24th.
Role and Responsibilities
- 90% of our client’s documentation is complete; they need a senior editor to complete the policies and procedures.
- Meeting with various stakeholders to obtain their input for materials.
- Editing of procurement and contracting as well as assets management communication materials on hardcopy and electronic formats.
- Additional work will extend to the editing of current training materials and will likely involve the creation of one or two more slide presentations based on current policies and information on hand. Training materials will be reviewed for relevancy, accuracy and specific application to meet client needs.
- Update materials in hard copy and on the intranet site to meet immediate, ongoing and future needs;
- Ensure that there is a consistency in the way information is created;
- Consult and collaborate with staff in the researching, editing and writing of policies, procedures, guides and training materials;
- Convene meetings with various stakeholders as required to address any issue associated with the drafting of material for approval;
- Editing contract templates and checklists to ensure completeness and accuracy;
- Prioritize the work to be completed during the period of the agreement to ensure that other resources can be identified to collaborate and to identify progress being made and work left to be accomplished.
- Editing policies and procedures related to procurement and contracting as well as assets management in hard copy print and on the intranet;
- Draft communiques relative to the issuance of revised procurement documents and related policies;
- Drafting and editing training materials;
- Reformatting any of the materials assigned to conform with current standards and tools.
- The work will be conducted using either Word, Powerpoint or Excel.
Qualifications and Experience
- 8 years of experience as an editor.
- The proposed resource must have a Certificate, diploma, or degree, from a recognized post-secondary institution, in journalism, communications or English. Bidder must provide proof of education.
- Must have 5 years demonstrated experience editing policies, procedures and training materials.
- The bidder must submit two examples of a previous work where he/she had to edit documents (i.e. a summary of a policy, etc.) Each sample should show the original text and the document produced by the bidder.
- The bidder must include the name, address and telephone number of two references to whom the resource reported for reference purposes.
Please call Barb asap if you meet all of the above qualifications, 230-5350 ext. 237 and send a comprehensive resume in MS Word.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23