OverviewExcel Personnel Inc. Buyer Contract in Logan Lake, BC
Excel Personnel Inc.
Branch Logan Lake BC CA
Logan Lake, BC
This position should have a Bachelor of Applied International Business and Supply Chain Management or a Bachelor of Commerce or other business related degree….
Nature and Scope of Position
The Buyer will be accountable for all aspects of Buying. The primary focus will be on the purchase of direct charge materials. The ongoing focus will be to procure materials of suitable quality, for the most economical price that meets the time requirement of our internal customers.
The Buyer is one of four positions reporting to the Supervisor – Purchasing, the others being one senior Buyer and three Buyers.
The incumbent interacts with all levels of management, with the Company’s internal and external auditors and with government auditors. Employee motivation, development and training are important aspects of the position.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Direct charge purchasing
- Importation of international goods and services
- Commodity negotiations
- Preparation of tender documents and contracts
- Letting and administering contracts
- Procurement of capital equipment
- Construction project buying
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
The position requires vitality to carry out office and site work which is located in a remote site one hour’s commute from Kamloops. The position often carries with it numerous competing deadlines that require skillful management to accomplish them and may require additional peak work hours at the office or from home.
Training and Experience
- This position should have a Bachelor of Applied International Business and Supply Chain Management or a Bachelor of Commerce or other business related degree
- Minimum of three (3) years Buying experience
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
PST and GST taxation
Other General Knowledge
Day to Day Management
Resource planning coordination and management
Written communication and presentation skills
Knowledge about the industry
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Logan Lake, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18