OverviewEsterline Traffic & Customs Clerk 3 Full Time in Saint-Laurent, QC
Branch Saint-Laurent QC CA
Traffic & Customs Clerk 3
High school diploma and attestation of collegial studies (ACS) in logistic and transportation or any pertinent experience;…
JOB TITLE :
Traffic and customs clerk
CM4111/ 521273, Gr.27
Day Shift (9:00 am to 5:00 pm)
Esterline CMC Electronics welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward.
The traffic and customs clerk works under the general supervision of the traffic, transportation & export controller. Prepares all necessary documentation, approves transportation and duty invoices, maintains contact with proper authority, keeps status records and submits reports. Assigns work to typists associated with the traffic function. The following duties are normally limited to domestic and U.S. shipments.
- Takes care of the customs clearance of high value shipments, prepares the B3.
- Canada Customs entries and transmits via Cadex.
- Prepares the B13A – Export Declaration forms for all export shipments and transmits, to Stats Canada and Canada Border Services Agency.
- Processes Shipments using the BAAN system.
- Prepares all the Customs Documents for U.S. and international shipments, such as the customs invoice, Nafta certificate of origins, the FCC 740 forms, FDA forms, bills of lading/airwaybill forms, US Gov’t Commercial Bill of Lading.
- Does the follow up on shipments and contacts customers/suppliers.
- Prepares the export permit applications and submits to Department of Foreign Affairs in Ottawa.
- High school diploma and attestation of collegial studies (ACS) in logistic and transportation or any pertinent experience;
- One (1) year of related experience;
- A College Certificate in Customs procedures or a Certified Customs Specialist Certificate (CCS).
- A good knowledge of customs regulations and procedures.
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Bilingual (French and English spoken and written).
CMC is committed to employment equity and to the equal access program. CMC encourages members of designated groups to apply for jobs.
Employees, who are interested in pursuing such opportunities and possess the right qualifications, please apply no later than June 7 th , 2016.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2016-06-03