OverviewEnvision Financial Personal Insurance Broker I Full Time in Surrey, BC
Branch Surrey BC CA
Personal Insurance Broker I
Under the general supervision of the Insurance Services Manager, provides professional insurance services to clients in the promotion and sales of personal…
Under the general supervision of the Insurance Services Manager, provides professional insurance services to clients in the promotion and sales of personal lines insurance products such as Autoplan, homeowners, rental, travel, mobile homes and other products by writing new business and processing renewals and midterm changes for existing clients; facilitates the claims process for clients; assists the Manager in the collection of overdue premiums; actively solicits referrals to commercial lines, wealth management and credit union sales staff.
- Provides support to new or existing clients in the promotion of personal lines insurance products and in the processing of insurance transactions by interviewing clients to identify insurance needs, gathering information on risk, referring complex risks to the Manager or senior insurance staff as appropriate, setting up computerized client files, submitting applications to insurance companies for quotation or underwriting and where appropriate, quoting on and closing business on package policies; prepares binder for forwarding.
- Reviews monthly outstanding renewals list and contacts clients to identify renewal options and changes in coverage, evaluates conditions for renewal and consults with the Manager or senior insurance staff on more complex risks; reviews and investigates requests from clients for midterm changes; processes all documentation needed to renew or revise policies; remarkets client coverage in the event of premium increases or coverage changes by reviewing products offered by other underwriters, discussing client needs, completing documentation and submitting applications; cancels policies; processes refunds as required.
- Arranges for financing, calculates monthly premiums, arranges for direct debit where requested and completes finance contract for all types of vehicle and personal lines products where financing is an option.
- Provides ICBC insurance coverage and/or private vehicle insurance to clients by discussing vehicle insurance needs and options, assisting clients to select appropriate coverage, providing coverage for special clients needs, generating and signing Autoplan policies, processing transfers and cancellation of previous coverage, collecting premiums and processing premium refunds; answers routine enquiries concerning vehicle insurance and provides telephone quotations as required.
- Responds to client-initiated reports concerning loss or damage by referring claims to the centralized claims area and/or compiling information on circumstances surrounding the event; follows up on status of claims on client request by contacting centralized claims or through direct contact with the adjustor in accordance with the situation; identifies and refers issues requiring the attention
- Assist the Insurance Services Manager in the collection of overdue premiums by initiating contact with clients and facilitating the collections process.
- Actively solicits referrals to commercial lines representatives, wealth management specialists and credit union sales staff; cross sells all agency and credit union products to insurance clients.
- Maintains active insurance license by meeting all annual licensing requirements
- In the absence of the Manager and as delegated, may assume supervisory responsibilities for office staff.
- Maintain a professional standard of conduct at all times while promoting a positive image of the organization.
- Maintain compliance with all audit and risk management requirements and all other internal policies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Autoplan Essentials
- License: Level 1 Agent (as applicable)
This position will be required to travel between branches.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Surrey, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25