OverviewEnviros Respite Care Connection – Part time Respite Worker Part Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Respite Care Connection – Part time Respite Worker
The Respite Care Connection is a community based program for children and youth aged 6-17 years. The Enviros Respite Care Connection is currently seeking…
Recreational Respite Worker Part Time
The Respite Care Connection promotes, strengthens, and preserves the right for children with challenging behaviours to have a permanent home. The program works toward this goal by providing caregivers of the children and youth with respite to give them time to take of themselves and their other children. The Respite Care Connection is a community based program for children and youth aged 6-17 years.
The Enviros Respite Care Connection is currently seeking Recreational Respite Workers on a part time basis. This position involves participating in and supervising recreational activities for children (ages 5-12) and adolescents (ages 12-17). Clients have diagnoses such as ADHD, FASD and Asperger’s and the program focuses on strengthening self-esteem, skill development and socialization skills. This is facilitated in a fun, structured and safe environment with a ratio of one staff to three youth.
We are looking for staff who can work the following shifts:
Fridays 4:00-9:00 pm
Saturdays 11:30 – 5:00 pm
Pay range is $16.50- $20.00 per hour.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Experience working with children and youth from a strength-based approach
- Experience working with children with varying abilities in a recreational setting
- An ability to be organized, energetic and flexible
- Current standard first aid and CPR
- A current driver’s abstract
- A current criminal record and vulnerable sector check
- A current child intervention check
- Must be able to drive own vehicle (no GDL licenses) or have a class 4 license
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, Suicide Intervention, Aboriginal Awareness are an asset
If you are the dynamic and qualified candidate we are looking for please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] – Attention Tina Cameron quoting job reference #1542. Competition for this posting closes when a suitable candidates is found .
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18