OverviewEnvironmental Defence Campaign Coordinator Ontario Climate and Clean Economy Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Campaign Coordinator Ontario Climate and Clean Economy
You will be working with other members of the Environmental Defence climate and energy team, reporting to and working closely with the Campaigns Director….
Environmental Defence ( www.environmentaldefence.ca ) is Canada’s most effective environmental action organization. We challenge and inspire change in government, business and people to ensure a greener, healthier and more prosperous life for all.
POSITION SUMMARY & CORE EXPECTATIONS
We seek a highly committed, experienced, and out-going Campaign Coordinator to support and track the implementation of a climate change strategy, cap-and-trade program and climate action plan in Ontario.
If you think that action to curb carbon emissions would benefit Ontario, and that Ontario should be a leader in the shift to a clean economy, we’d like to hear from you. If you’re interested in the intersections between the environment and the economy, work well with diverse groups and like to dig into the details and crunch numbers, we’d especially like to hear from you.
You’ll be working to research and help communicate the economic and environmental benefits of reducing emissions across several major sectors of Ontario’s economy in order to support the implementation of an ambitious climate change strategy. You’ll be tracking developments to ensure the province follows through on its commitments and implements key initiatives to reduce emissions and create a clean economy. Most importantly you’ll be responsible for coordinating and engaging the members of the Clean Economy Alliance who are leading the charge on this work and are key to its success.
You will be working with other members of the Environmental Defence climate and energy team, reporting to and working closely with the Campaigns Director.
– researching the economic and environmental implications of key actions to reduce GHG emissions in Ontario in other jurisdictions around the world
– helping to communicate the research findings to the public and key decision makers
– helping to ensure widespread support for Ontario’s climate change strategy and the key components of that strategy
– following and reporting on the implementation of key elements of Ontario’s climate strategy, legislation and action plan
– coordinating the activities of the Clean Economy Alliance – a 90-member coalition that supports climate action in Ontario and helping to take its activities and membership growth to the next level
– strong analytical and research skills
– demonstrated experience working on related issues
– excellent interpersonal communication skills
– excellent oral and written communication; traditional and social media skills an asset
– solid understanding of economics and environmental issues, especially climate change
– college or university degree in a related field
– project management experience a plus
– commitment to Environmental Defence’s vision and mission
– outgoing personality and enthusiastic communicator
– great attention to detail
– a drive for success
– thrives in a team environment
This is a full time, salaried position. We offer a benefits package after the 3 month probationary period.
Applications will be accepted until 9 am Monday June 13, 2016.
Include “Campaign Coordinator, Ontario Climate Change and Clean Economy”. No phone calls please.
Environmental Defence is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-06-03