OverviewEntry Level – Trait Development Associates in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Entry Level – Trait Development Associates
growers with innovative products and solutions for agriculture and environmental health. Growers depend on Bayer CropScience’s comprehensive selection of…
Bayer CropScience is a world leader providing growers with innovative products and solutions for agriculture and environmental health. Growers depend on Bayer CropScience’s comprehensive selection of insecticides, fungicides, herbicides and seed systems. At Bayer CropScience, our team’s commitment and dedication to Canadian agriculture is second to none.
What We Offer
Each year, we hire over 160 university students from campuses across the country to work in Seeds, Research & Development, Sales and Market Development. Our goal is to provide interesting and challenging work. While at the same time have fun and celebrate successes.
We offer an orientation program, on the job training, a competitive compensation & perks package, and this role provides you with opportunity to expand your knowledge in the field of greenhouse operations.
TRAIT DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATES
(6-month summer terms starting in May to October)
As a Trait Development Associate, you will be involved in the advancement of new trait development in support of local and global programs.
- Field activities relating to new trait development from seeding to harvest including
- Seed set up,
- Land preparation,
- Pest control,
- Pollination management,
- Plot maintenance,
- Supervision of casual employees as required.
- Ensuring Standard Operating Procedures are maintained to ensure not only seed quality and purity, but compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Strong agronomic competence attained through pursuing your degree in Agriculture or another college along with experience in the Agriculture Industry.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to be flexible and modify plans as situations arise minimizing impact on results.
- Interest in canola development
- Proven ability delivers results in pursuit of both individual and team goals will be vital to your success in this role.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2014
While we thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Bayer CropScience, please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-13