OverviewEnbridge Sr Finance & Strategic Planning Advisor Temporary in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Sr Finance & Strategic Planning Advisor
Reporting to the Manager, Finance, this position provides financial and economic analysis and advice to Canadian Midstream / Gas Development business…
Reporting to the Manager, Finance, this position provides financial and economic analysis and advice to Canadian Midstream / Gas Development business development, project managers, and to senior Enbridge management.
This position is also responsible for ensuring projects and new business initiatives are developed in accordance with corporate policies, as well as reviewing financial plans and strategies to ensure reasonability and consistency with corporate strategies.
- Provide critical technical expertise to the LRP modeling process, including coordinating with external and internal parties to ensure modeling accurately reflects the views of the company.
- Effectively construct comprehensive financial models of business development initiatives, including fully integrated financial statements for multiple phases of a project. Present results to management.
- Provide critical input into the construction of commercial and tolling structures resulting in profitable outcomes
- Prepare and develop draft memoranda for the Board of Directors as well as presentation material for management identifying potential risk areas, and providing data quantifying those risks
- Provide in depth analysis of potential investment opportunities, identifying risks inherent within a potential project to assist management in making investment decisions
- Review and advise on financial, economic and other key inputs provided by project stakeholders to ensure they are based on realistic and consistent assumptions.
- Provide vital commercial/regulatory support through ongoing research, bid packages, presentation development etc.
- Review financial terms within contracts and determine the risks they pose to Enbridge; provide solution options to mitigate these risks
- Liaise with external parties to provide input and review for both internally and externally developed models. Make adjustments as required.
- Interacts effectively with personnel across the organization and externally to ensure processes and methods are consistent with current market expectations.
- Contribute essential inputs to the annual budget, forecasting and long range planning processes by providing financial results for various assets that are accurate and reflect appropriate assumptions.
- Business or Economics degree from a nationally recognized university program.
- Enrollment or completion in a recognized business designation/education program (CA, CMA, CFA, MBA).
- A minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong analytical communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior financial modeling skills and strong understanding of accounting, tax, financing, and legal issues.
- Ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams of different seniority levels.
- Able to work independently under broad direction.
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity in developing innovative approaches and solutions to business issues.
- Self-starter, good communication skills and a team player.
- Salary and job level will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Share our core values of Integrity, Safety and Respect.
Safety Critical Position: No
Additional Posting Locations: None
Industry: Energy, Oil & Gas
Posting Closing Date: August 25, 2015
This is a temporary position covering a maternity leave.
Only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Enbridge is a global leader in the safe and reliable delivery of energy in North America. We are proud to be recognized as one of the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World and one of the Ten Best Companies to Work For for 2015.
Enbridge is an equal opportunity employer.
Final candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17