Enbridge Manager, Operations and Projects Communication Temporary in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Manager, Operations and Projects Communication
Good understanding of applicable government and regulatory requirements. The Manager, Business Communications leads the provision of strategic communications…
The Manager, Business Communications leads the provision of strategic communications counsel, planning and tactical execution for external communications in support of the company’s Liquids Pipelines (LP), Major Projects (MP) and other business units. The Manager also provides communications support to our CSR and Community Initiatives teams.
The geographic scope of the role is within Canada, but the Manager works in partnership with US-based colleagues on operations that cross borders. The Manager also works directly with internal partners to build and maintain constructive relationships with key stakeholders. This includes developing communications and public awareness plans that incorporate media relations, advertising, collateral, newsletters, social media and other communication tools as required.
Strategic Advice and Counsel
- Advise and work closely with operational and business leadership to develop and deliver communication plans and business communications in support of ongoing operations and major projects, including Public Awareness Programs, right-of-way advertising and other external/marketing tools.
- Liaise with other Enterprise Communications Managers and Community Relations and Stakeholder Relations colleagues to ensure message alignment and help develop effective communications tools across all channels and audiences.
Communications Planning & Execution
- Oversee the development and recommendations on communication programs to Liquids Pipelines (LP) and Major Projects (MP) leadership regarding issues that impact ongoing operations.
- Manage the execution of communications plans that effectively use an integrated mix of communications channels (online, print, video, social media, advertising, etc.) to support the LP and MP business units.
- Oversee the development of strategic communications plans for the CSR and Community Initiatives teams and support as required.
- Manage the creation and production of communications materials including fact sheets, brochures, web content, e-mails, video scripts, presentations, speeches, news releases and other materials as required.
- Ensure campaigns and tactics meet client requirements and expectations and are delivered on time and on budget.
- In support of and as a member of the Crisis Management Team, contribute to ongoing team preparedness to manage crisis response; participate in ICS and related crisis response training; and play lead roles/assist as required in emergency situations.
- Support the Senior Manager, Corporate and Business Communications in ensuring an appropriate level of resourcing for key business unit clients and in particular, communications staffing/support for ongoing operations and major projects.
- Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports, manage performance and provide support for professional development and career growth.
- A university degree in English, Communications, Journalism or a related discipline.
- 10 or more years of progressively responsible experience in a variety of communications disciplines, including public relations, public affairs, media relations.
- Experience in the energy industry and with communications for major development projects that involve complex issues, and a strong public and aboriginal affairs component is an asset.
- Good understanding of applicable government and regulatory requirements.
- Sharp analytical skills to quickly analyze complex situations, determine key issues, and prepare and implement clearly defined solutions and /or responses.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including consultation, negotiation, facilitation and conflict resolution.
- Accomplishments as a team member including the ability to foster and maintain a culture that promotes best contribution and synergy from all parties to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrated ability to work with initiative and creativity when managing multiple projects at once, under constant deadline pressure.
- Highest standards of personal integrity supported by open and honest communication.
- Excellent speaking, writing and planning skills are required.
- Share our core values of Integrity, Safety and Respect.
Safety Critical Position: No
Additional Posting Locations: None
Industry: Energy, Oil & Gas
Posting Closing Date: August 17, 2015
This is a temporary 12-15 month position.
Only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Enbridge is a global leader in the safe and reliable delivery of energy in North America. We are proud to be recognized as one of the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World and one of the Ten Best Companies to Work For for 2015.
Enbridge is an equal opportunity employer.
Final candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.