OverviewEnbridge Labourer Full Time in Ottawa, ON
Branch Ottawa ON CA
Energy, Oil & Gas. Physically capable of performing manual labour associated with pipeline construction and buried gas plant maintenance. Req #:….
Req #: 29941
Business Unit: Gas Distribution
Position Type: Regular Full-Time Employee Position (UNION)
Posting Closing Date: SEPT 29, 2016
W E= teamwork at work
We didn’t get to be a leader in energy delivery or ranked on the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations index on our own. We did it in partnership with outstanding individuals who work together as a team to help fuel the quality of people’s lives. People like you. And now we’re looking for just such an individual to join our team.
Life Takes Energy.
Enbridge Gas Distribution Inc. has a more than 165-year history and is Canada’s largest natural gas distribution company. It is owned by Enbridge Inc., a Canadian-based leader in energy transportation and distribution. Enbridge Inc. has been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2016 and one of the Ten Best Companies to Work for 2016. Enbridge Gas Distribution and its affiliates distribute natural gas to more than two million customers in Ontario, Quebec, New York State and New Brunswick.
For more information, visit www.enbridgegas.com or follow us on Twitter @EnbridgeGasNews. Life Takes Energy.
- Labour on pipeline and maintenance repairs in the AR&I Department.
- Flexible to work overtime when required.
- Work in conjunction with crew members to complete field projects/tasks.
- Perform duties in compliance with company and legislation policies, procedures and health & safety regulations.
- Perform other duties within their skills as assigned.
- Standby Labourer rotation. Able to respond for emergencies after hours. Completion of Labourer training a requirement and on the job experience prior to being eligible to commence Standby Labourer rotation
- Secondary school education or equivalent
- Physically capable of performing manual labour associated with pipeline construction and buried gas plant maintenance
- A good driving record with a valid class ‘DZ’ driver’s license is preferred
- Sound knowledge of Operations procedures, related codes, laws and regulations
- Good interpersonal, communication and mechanical reasoning skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Flexibility to work shifts as required
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a comparable role preferred
- Share our core values of Integrity, Safety and Respect.
Safety Critical Position: No
Additional Posting Locations: None
Industry: Energy, Oil & Gas
Testing: Mechanical Reasoning
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting 416-495-5615.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-22