OverviewEnbridge Field Operator II Full Time in Fort McMurray, AB
Branch Fort McMurray AB CA
Field Operator II
Fort McMurray, AB
Custody transfer/quality oil measurements. Performs required sampling, testing and measurement of oil and ensure all measurement equipment is operating…
Primarily responsible for providing onsite response and services to ensure safe and efficient maintenance and operations at facilities such as terminals and tank farms to support and facilitate oil movement and compliance with Regulation and Company policy.
- First responder for Tank Farm emergencies and assumes responsibility of the Terminal in the absence of local management.
- Complete batch pigging of pipelines.
- Perform tank farm isolation functions in emergencies. Provide initial confirmation, communications and assessment of incidents to management and the Control Center. Coordinates operations with CCO personnel in the routing of deliveries and receipts duty.
- Perform routine measurement checks and document of equipment and instruments on receipt and delivery meter manifolds.
- Conducts Measurement and Operation integrity and performance checks (ie. Proving, Prover Checks, Meter comparisons, Tank High High Alarm Checks, etc) in communication with CCO personnel in the routing of deliveries and receipts to and from Cheecham Terminal.
- Routine checks of instrumentation buildings, oil levels and temperatures of all units, pumps and control valves in the tank farm.
- Assists the CCO, Area Supervisor, Operations Team Lead and Maintenance department, Regional support.
- Accommodates Customer witnessing of Measurement activities (meter proving, TDP’s, S&W testing, Block and Bleeds). Verifies meter proving reports prior to the acceptance of meter factors.
- Tankage – performs routine inspections, level accuracy checks.
- Performs other related terminal duties such as draining water from secondary containment, fuel storage inventory, sign maintenance around terminal, vegetation control, snow removal, required checks on equipment and maintains log.
- Responsible for integrity checks on Terminal equipment such as gas detectors, fire extinguishers etc.
- S and W, Viscosity, Density and Vapor Pressure Sampling for Laboratory Quality Assurance Testing.
- Prove meters, complete Receipt/Delivery tickets and prepare them for Customer pick-up.
- Responsible for completing security and operational checks, record keeping, and documentation.
- Completes general housekeeping duties of the Terminal building, sample shacks, Instrumentation buildings, yard and measurement equipment.
- Custody transfer/quality oil measurements.
- Performs required sampling, testing and measurement of oil and ensure all measurement equipment is operating accurately.
- Performs other related terminal duties as requested by Supervisor.
- Assist PLM and E&M departments when required.
- Performs all duties with a high regard for Enbridge Values.
- Shift Schedule: 12 hr Day and Night rotation; including weekends to cover 24/7 Operations.
- Work requires frequent exposure to adverse weather conditions and exposure to wear protective equipment to prevent a serious or lost time injury.
- The working of overtime hours is required at times to ensure job objectives are fulfilled.
- A minimum of 3 years of related on the job training and experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent supplemented with 3 months of on the job training.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Excellent and strong customer service, interpersonal skills, communication skills and be a self-starter.
- Supplementary technical certificate or diploma in managing and maintain hydrocarbon processes is an asset.
- Proficient Computer Skills and knowledge of Company programs: Maximo, CTTS, CMT, VMS, and blueprint.
- Emergency Response experience and understands all operational aspects of tank farm specific to tank fires is an asset.
- Machinery and mechanical aptitude is an asset.
- Completion of OLE, TRAC, PBT training and knowledge and adherence of policies and procedures is an asset.
- Salary and job level will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Share our core values of Integrity, Safety and Respect.
Safety Critical Position: Yes
Additional Posting Locations:
Industry: Energy, Oil & Gas; Operations
Posting Closing Date: March 2, 2017
Only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Enbridge is a global leader in the safe and reliable delivery of energy in North America. We are proud to be recognized as one of the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World and one of the Ten Best Companies to Work for 2016.
Enbridge is an equal opportunity employer.
Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Fort McMurray, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11