OverviewEnbridge Control Centre Operator Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Control Centre Operator
Possession of a high school diploma and a 2-year Engineering Technology Diploma or 3-5 years related pipeline experience….
Enbridge Pipelines Inc. operates the world’s longest and most sophisticated crude oil and petroleum products pipeline system. We transport liquid hydrocarbons from their point of supply to refining markets in Western Canada, the Midwestern United States and Ontario. Our main line system is comprised of approximately 13,500 kilometers (8,500 miles) of pipeline. Approximately two-thirds of Canada’s crude oil from the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin is transported through the Enbridge Pipelines system delivering more than 2 million barrels per day to connected markets. Our continuing, long-term goal is to transport crude oil and other liquid hydrocarbons in the safest and most efficient way possible.
Our Control Centre located in Edmonton is currently seeking applicants for Control Centre Operators. Working in a team environment, you will be responsible for using sophisticated computer technology to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the liquid hydrocarbon pipelines and terminals
- Monitor and control pipelines, terminals, as well as the measurements of products in and out of the system.
- Track commodity movement within the system.
- Coordinate operations with field personnel and external customers.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and understanding of operating standards and procedures.
- You must be able to work a modified work schedule consisting of 12-hour shifts and maintain a high level of attention to detail for extended periods of time.
- Possession of a high school diploma and a 2-year Engineering Technology Diploma or 3-5 years related pipeline experience. Equivalencies will be considered.
- Excellent communication skills, a strong commitment to customer service and a willingness to work in a team environment are essential.
- Direct experience and knowledge of pipeline, terminal or gas transmission operations with a solid understanding of fluid hydraulics would be an asset.
- *This is a security sensitive position. The final candidate(s) will be required to undergo a security screening.*
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Share our core values of Integrity, Safety and Respect.
- If interested, please submit a resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the Control Centre Operator position.
Industry: Energy, Oil & Gas
Only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Enbridge is a global leader in the safe and reliable delivery of energy in North America. We are proud to be recognized as one of the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World and one of the Ten Best Companies to Work For for 2015.
Enbridge is an equal opportunity employer.
Final candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18