OverviewEmera Inc. Management Systems Manager- RE-POST Full Time in Saint John, NB
Branch Saint John NB CA
Management Systems Manager- RE-POST
Saint John, NB
Support Management System and Protection Program audits (internal, third party, and regulatory); Business, Management, Engineering, etc.);…
Type of Employment: Permanent, Full Time
Reporting to the Director, Legal and Regulatory, the Management Systems Manager is responsible for the stewardship of EBPC’s Management System including all programs, processes and procedures used to guide Brunswick Pipeline operations.
Key Accountabilities: The Manager is responsible for overseeing the overall development, continuous improvement, and maintenance of all Management Systems for EBP and must work effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, from senior executive to functional affiliate leaders. You are able to lead functional productivity, influence and build key relationships in a complex corporate environment. Key accountabilities of this position will include:
• Coordinate the implementation of Emera Brunswick Pipeline’s Management System;
• Review ongoing alignment of the Management System to company policies;
• Monitor and continuously improve the integration of all EBPC Protection Programs into the Management System (including Safety, Environment, Integrity, Emergency Response, Operations & Maintenance, Security, Damage Prevention, and Stakeholder & Public Awareness);
• Steward Management System review and improvement through process ownership and facilitation with other program owners; (ie; coordinating the annual and quarterly review of the Management System elements; assist in Root Cause analyses; leading management of change processes);
• Work with subject matter experts to develop, maintain and continuously improve our compliance programs and processes;
• Support Management System and Protection Program audits (internal, third party, and regulatory);
• Promote Management System awareness throughout the organization, via presentations and training;
• Assess individual employee Management System understanding and competency;
• Review, update, and manage Management System documents and records of compliance;
• Prepare other routine and ad hoc analysis, reports and special projects as assigned.
You will liaise with all department heads to review aspects of the Management System system and will plan and implement opportunities for continuous improvement as well as corrective and preventative actions to ensure effective compliance and alignment with all appropriate regulatory and audit requirements. You will be responsible for your personal safety, by observing and ensuring compliance with all Occupational Health and Safety Rules and Regulations and Emera’s policies and procedures.
Skills, Capabilities and Experience: The successful candidate is an experienced professional with a minimum of 5 – 8 years related experience; project or team leadership experience would be an asset. You demonstrate professional judgement and maturity, ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner.
Skills and capabilities include but are not limited to:
• A post-secondary degree in a related discipline (e.g. Business, Management, Engineering, etc.);
• A working knowledge of applicable standards as well as Federal and Provincial regulations;
• A working knowledge of multiple ISO systems (ex: ISO14001 and ISO 9001);
• A working knowledge of a Management System;
• A working knowledge of a Management of Change Process;
• Experience participating in Management System audits and inspections;
• Excellent, writing, editing, communication and process development skills;
• Energy industry experience;
• Demonstrated workshop facilitation and presentation skills;
• Internal or third-party auditing experience;
• Working knowledge of Canadian Standards Association (CSA) protocols;
• You have a high level of personal organization, attention to detail, and an ability to work independently to meet given deadlines. Demonstration of excellence in verbal and written communication as well as strong technical and investigative skills;
• You take a collaborative approach as a relationship builder with an appropriate sense of urgency;
• You are a high functioning professional who possesses excellent organizational and leadership skills. You take a collaborative approach as a relationship builder with an appropriate sense of urgency.
Reports to: Director, Legal and Regulatory, Emera Brunswick Pipeline, Saint John, New Brunswick
Application Requirement: Click the APPLY button at the end of the online job posting. Complete all required information fields, and copy and paste your covering letter and resume into the online form.
Salary : Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Deadline: November 9, 2016. Late applications may not receive consideration.
Emera New Brunswick, owner of the Brunswick Pipeline, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Emera Inc. (EMA-TSX). The Brunswick Pipeline delivers natural gas from the Canaport ™ Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) receiving and re-gasification terminal near Saint John, New Brunswick to markets in Canada and the US Northeast. The 145-kilometer pipeline extends through southwest New Brunswick to an interconnection with the Maritimes and Northeast Pipeline at the Canada/US border near St. Stephen, New Brunswick.
Emera New Brunswick’s team is based in Saint John, NB. We work diligently to ensure the safe and reliable operations of the Brunswick Pipeline and are active members of our communities.
Recruitment and Promotion Policy : When filling vacant positions, we are determined to hire the best candidates available. We’re committed to providing employees with a fair and equal opportunity to compete for jobs. Hiring and promotion of employees is based on skills, capabilities, knowledge and demonstrated abilities.
Emera values diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from all qualified candidates including African Canadians and other members of the visible minority community, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and women in non-traditional roles. Applicants from these designated groups wishing to self-identify may do so through a series of questions in the on-line application process.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saint John, NB, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31