OverviewEmera Inc. Accounts Payable Analyst, Transformation Full Time in Halifax, NS
Branch Halifax NS CA
Accounts Payable Analyst, Transformation
Reporting to the Senior Accounts Payable Specialist, Transformation, you will be directly involved in the re-design of Accounts Payable processes and the…
Type of Employment:
Why Join Emera?
Emera is one of Atlantic Canada’s largest publically traded companies, and we’re growing to become a North American Top 20 utility. Regulated utilities are core to our business, but we’re also working in transmission projects, marketing and trading, contracted generation, asset management, utility services, pipelines, and renewable technology development.
Our ability to serve more customers in more places is thanks to the commitment of our 3,700 employees in Canada, the USA and the Caribbean. As we grow, we’re excited to welcome new team members who are committed to our purpose and our approach to business. We are currently looking to fill the position of Accounts Payable Analyst, Transformation for the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Project.
The Accounts Payable Analyst, Transformation is part of a cross functional project team responsible for quality implementation of a complex multi-million dollar business process change project enabled by technology. As a member of the ERP Project team, you will join a dynamic group of responsive professionals leading cross-divisional and enterprise-wide business transformation during this multi-year project.
Reporting to the Senior Accounts Payable Specialist, Transformation, you will be directly involved in the re-design of Accounts Payable processes and the leveraging of Oracle R12 Accounts Payable functionality.
Specific Accountabilities will include:
- Participate in design workshops and consultations, and other tasks as required by the project plan;
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the Oracle R12 AP module;
- Develop and maintain all relevant documentation during the design, testing, and implementation phases of AP processes;
- Responsible for the updating and overseeing of data cleansing
- Support the design, development, and presentation of training manuals for all AP processes;
- Contribute directly to the development and execution of training programs for AP system users;
- Assist in the co-ordination of Project Plan tasks contained within the AP process;
- All other duties as assigned during the design and implementation phase of ERP project.
Skills, Capabilities and Experience:
- A recognized Business Administration or Accounting certificate, with 5-10 years relevant experience in Accounts Payable;
- Experience in full AP Cycle – from invoice entry (understanding of HST/GST, holdbacks and with-holding tax) to initiating & processing payments. Experience in both Cdn and US Payables;
- Knowledge of procurement policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated process improvement mindset;
- Proven track record of increasing efficiencies;
- Exposure to financial systems management and redesigning sustainable and effective processes would be considered an asset;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with ability to work independently under tight deadlines with minimal supervision;
- Ability to foster working relationships with Finance ERP team members, as well as other ERP stream members (IT, Supply Chain, HR);
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite of software (Excel, Word and PowerPoint in particular).
Reports to: Senior Accounts Payable Specialist, Transformation
Form of Application: Click the APPLY button at the end of the online job posting and complete all required information fields.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Must Be Received By: All interested candidates should apply no later than February 15, 2017. Late applications may not receive consideration.
Recruitment and Promotion Policy: When filling vacant positions, we are determined to hire the best candidates available. We’re committed to providing employees with a fair and equal opportunity to compete for jobs. Hiring and promotion of employees is based on skills, capabilities, knowledge and demonstrated abilities.
We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates including African Nova Scotians and other members of the visible minority community, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and women in non-traditional roles. Normally, unless otherwise requested in advance, the supervisors of internal candidates selected for an interview will be contacted in order to facilitate scheduling of the interviews. The supervisor will maintain the confidentiality of the employee’s application.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10