OverviewEllisDon Corporation Field Engineer Full Time in Manitoba
Branch MB CA
Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field. Type of position:….
Field Engineer Location: Northern Manitoba
Type of position: Current Opportunity
The Keeyask Hydroelectric Generating Station project is being built on the Lower Nelson River in Northern Manitoba. BBE Hydro Constructors LP is the General Civil Works Contractor, responsible for elements of the hydroelectric generating station including a 7-unit powerhouse complex, concrete spillway, approximately 2.2-kilometres of earth dam structures and 23.0-kilometres of earth dyke structures.
Construction began in the summer of 2014, with expected completion in early 2020.
BBE Hydro Constructors LP is currently looking for Field Engineer who will work at the site office near Gillam and live in the associated construction camp.
Work in conjunction with a Superintendent(s) to ensure assigned Field Work Tasks are completed in a safe and efficient manner that meet contract requirements. This involves, but is not limited to, production and coordination of submittals, work activity schedules, budgets and cost controls.
In addition, this team member will work with field crews on their needs, verify crew time and quantities of work completed on a daily and weekly basis, as well as work with other team members on strategic relationships with other ongoing work activities on the site.
In the position of Field Engineer, we would ask you to do the following:
- High level of involvement in the operations of our cost control system and analysis of construction costs.
- Process and estimate change orders and Requests for Information as directed by Project Manager.
- Coordinate and schedule drawings and submittals.
- Maintain a complete and current record of submittals, approvals, and resubmittals, including a file of letters of transmittal and dates of each transaction.
- Process/manage material deliveries – ensure that materials received are properly inspected for quantity and quality and in compliance with Contract documents.
- Manage and negotiate subcontractor and material contracts.
- Assist in developing and updating project schedule.
- Work closely with field construction personnel (Superintendents, Foremen and Crews).
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field
- Equivalent experience in a construction-related position will also be considered.
- Previous experience working on hydro dam or heavy civil.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Thorough attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Strong work ethic – willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments.
Go ahead and be yourself. We’ll pay you for it! Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-06