OverviewEllisDon Corporation Field Buyer Full Time in Manitoba
Branch MB CA
Knowledge of business administration procedures, techniques, and business ethics. Prepares bidder pre-qualification, bidder lists, bid solicitation, bid…
Picture the Possibilities
The Keeyask Generating Station is a hydroelectric project for the lower Nelson River in northern Manitoba. BBE Hydro Constructors LP is the General Civil Works Contractor, responsible for elements of the generating station including a seven-unit powerhouse complex, concrete spillway, approximately 2.2-kilometres of earth dam structures and 23.0-kilometres of earth dyke structures. Construction began in summer of 2014, and the project completion by early 2020.
BBE Hydro Constructors LP is currently looking for Field Buyer who will work at our site office near Gillam, Manitoba and live on the associated construction camp.
In the position of Field Buyer, we would ask you to do the following:
Performs tasks involved in the formation and administration of purchase orders. Communicates with suppliers and personnel within BBE to establish clear definition of requirements and to assure performance to purchase order terms and conditions. Prepares bidder pre-qualification, bidder lists, bid solicitation, bid analysis, makes commitments and administers purchase orders. Supervision received at jobsite locations, reports to and receives operational direction from the Project Procurement Manager. Maintains working relationships with project procurement personnel and project discipline personnel in order to perform assigned duties. Maintains working relationships with those bidders and suppliers involved with the performance of assigned tasks.
1. Forms and issues purchase orders by performing the following:
- Prepares bidders’ lists
- Prequalifies bidders
- Forms bid packages
- Issues bid requests
- Coordinates bidders’ questions
- Prepares Commercial Bid Summary and recommendation letter
- Recommends and secures approvals in accordance with established procedures
- Prepares and commits order
- Prepares and maintains control and status reporting documents
2. Administers assigned purchase orders, performing the following functions:
- Establishes files and controls for all outgoing and incoming correspondence on each assigned order.
- Monitors supplier performance for conformance to commercial terms.
- Monitors activities in-house functions to ensure compliance with the order terms.
- Initiates follow-up actions with the supplier or in-house functional group to ensure performance in accordance with contract terms and conditions.
- Informs or works with other project Procurement personnel as assigned to the administration of the order.
- Analyzes and distributes those suppliers’ reports specified in the order/contract.
3. Communicates with suppliers as necessary to achieve required service and results from potential and actual suppliers to meet project needs.
4. Communicates with Engineering to assist and/or guide them in the preparation of material requisitions for the procurement of materials and equipment and to achieve the understanding needed to process these requisitions.
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- Knowledge of business administration procedures, techniques, and business ethics.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- When assigned to a jobsite location, actual experience in materials handling operations is desirable.
For more information on the Keeyask project, please visit www.keeyask.com
Go ahead and be yourself. We’ll pay you for it! Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-20