OverviewEli Lilly Sr Manager TSMS Full Time in Charlottetown, PE
Branch Charlottetown PE CA
Sr Manager TSMS
Ensures that the site has set and rigorously applies appropriate technical standards for processing, packaging and materials where applicable, employing new…
The role of Senior Manager, TS/MS is the care keeping and continuous improvement of the body of technical knowledge that the Elanco site has. It includes how we manufacture our products and transmitting that knowledge into manufacturing instructions.
In direct collaboration with Manufacturing Operation units and other functions (like Quality, Engineering, IT, etc) the Sr Manager TS/MS provides clear direction and the necessary support to:
Functions, Duties, Task:
- Key member of site leadership team and expected to play a full part in driving continuous improvements and supporting strategic developments.
- Ensure that the technical competencies/knowledge for the site’s chemical/biological processes, raw materials and primary packaging components are in place (as applicable).
- Functional ownership for TS/MS; lead and motivate team, institute development plans for the organization, address forward looking resource plans to adequately meet the needs of the site’s product portfolio and strategy.
- Advises, guides and coaches TS/MS associates for the purpose of ensuring routine operational support, identifying solutions and improvement, solving problems and decision making.
- Owns and promotes robust end-to-end product stewardship, ensuring single point of contact for products within the site and across sites for multi-site products. Assesses APRs/PQRs.
- Owns the overall Validation Master plan and coordinates all related activities.
- Ensures adherence to cGMP requirements, guidelines, SOPs, as well as compliance to local laws, the Elanco Red Book, company policies and Health Safety & Environment (HSE) requirements. Particular attention is given to the protection of employees, patients, company assets and the environment.
- Promotes excellence in Packaging and Pharmaceutical Processing in the plant. Ensures that the site has set and rigorously applies appropriate technical standards for processing, packaging and materials where applicable, employing new/modern processes and technologies like Quality by Design (QbD), Design of Experiment (DOE) and Process Analytical Technologies (PAT).
- Fosters proper communication and networking within the TS/MS network of all related divisional sites. Explores and maximizes opportunities to leverage existing programs (e.g. training).
- Committed to knowledge sharing/transfer inside site manufacturing groups as well as to sister sites and Technical R&D (TRD).
- Develop and apply KPIs to enable meaningful CPP/CQA trending and reporting of key process data as well as to quickly identify changing quality trends and issues.
- Owns and actively manages the Product Improvement Portfolio allowing for prioritization and ensuring cross-functional contribution, as necessary.
- Via collaboration with TRD and other functions, ensures that both transfer and new product launches will be executed ‘right first time’ in terms of correct technology match (equipment, materials) and effective handover to manufacturing operations.
- Responsible for the design and delivery of TS/MS owned technical training programs as well as appropriate technical on-boarding to ensure competency of TS/MS associates with respect to manufacturing and primary packaging processes.
- Supports TS/MS staff during the execution of process improvements, scale-ups, and justification/verification projects. Oversees that the process justification/verification batches generate sufficient process knowledge by thoroughly testing critical variables.
- Provide meaningful and up to date scientific/technical input into User Requirement Specifications, in accordance with Elanco manufacturing/packaging standards and strategy.
- Stays abreast of technological, regulatory and industry developments, e.g. via internal and external benchmarking.
- Reviews and releases regulatory proposals or information required for regulatory filings.
- MSc in Science, Pharmacy or Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Technology or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience in pharmaceutical formulation, process development, or manufacturing technology.
- Experience in the packaging technology for pharmaceutical products.
- Fundamental understanding of pharmaceutical analytical testing.
- Demonstrated understanding of Q culture and regulatory regulations.
- Desirable: PhD in Science, Pharmacy or Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Technology.
- Preferred IQP Silver certification or Green Belt or equivalent proficiency in applied statistics. Experience in DoE and Gage R&R.
Elanco will conduct, at its own expense, background search (including verification of educational credentials, contacting three of your personal references) of the successful candidate.
Elanco is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from qualified women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Please do not contact us via phone. We appreciate all who apply; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Elanco Canada does not sponsor work permits or other employment visas.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Charlottetown, PE, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11