OverviewElectronic Arts Technical Artist – Rigger Temporary in Burnaby, BC
Branch Burnaby BC CA
Technical Artist – Rigger
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan…
Role: Technical Artist – Rigger (Temporary)
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com .
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
We’re looking for a Technical Artist who specializes in developing complex character rigs, animation workflows and tools. Rigging, skinning and controlling animation data flow would be your primary responsibilities. You would be working with the game team animation and central teams to ensure they are leveraging the highest quality content with the tools and assets provided. Additionally you would be responsible for maintaining and developing efficient pipelines for production. You also need to be able to exercise a good eye for aesthetics allowing you to contribute to critiques and ultimately our team success.
This is a role within EA’s central art group which is responsible for the development and integration of rigging assets and workflows across many EA titles.
What a Rigging TA does at EA:
• Design and implement complex character rigs
• Create and deploy animation tools, workflows, and pipelines utilizing Python, Qt
• Implement techniques and process to solve character and animation and deformation challenges as identified by department lead
• Proactive in problem identification and developing and delivering solutions
• Define and estimate tasks in a well-organized manner
• Interact and collaborate with the key client stakeholders (Art, Programming, Production, etc.)
The next great EA Rigging TA needs:
• 3+ years of technical art/rigging/animation experience (with multiple shipped titles ideally)
• Experience with Python or C# and familiarity with the Maya API
• Strong background in rigging and skinning complex character assets
• Understanding of animation principles and human anatomy
• Expert in standard industry tools including Maya and MotionBuilder in applicable areas
• Excellent problem solving skills. Candidate must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them.
• Have a proactive work ethic, capable problem solver who is not afraid of big challenges.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-24