OverviewElectronic Arts BioWare Edmonton: Assistant Technical Designer Temporary in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
BioWare Edmonton: Assistant Technical Designer
Write and maintain clear documentation. In 2008, BioWare was acquired by Electronic Arts , a leading global interactive entertainment publisher….
BioWare’s vision is to create, deliver, and evolve the most emotionally engaging games in the world.
BioWare develops high-quality console, PC, and online role-playing games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters, and vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the world’s most critically acclaimed titles, including Baldur’s Gate™ , Neverwinter Nights™ , Star Wars ™ : Knights of the Old Republic™ , Jade Empire™ , Mass Effect™ , and Dragon Age™ . BioWare operates in Edmonton (Alberta, Canada), Montreal (Quebec, Canada), and Austin (Texas, United States). In 2008, BioWare was acquired by Electronic Arts , a leading global interactive entertainment publisher.
Currently announced projects at BioWare include the ongoing support of the Mass Effect franchise, one of the highest rated video game series of all time, Dragon Age: Inquisition , the latest entry in the Dragon Age franchise, and Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ , a story-driven massively multiplayer online game.
We would like to add a new Assistant Technical Designer to our team for our exciting new IP from the creative team that brought you Mass Effect.
What the Assistant Technical Designer will do at BioWare:
- Work with a team of UX designers and artists through all stages of development to implement user interface (UI) content.
- Script and debug systems and screens using a visual scripting language.
- Write and maintain clear documentation.
What skills does BioWare look for:
- Computer Science, Engineering or Game Design degree is preferred or 1+ years of experience as a game designer or programmer.
- Strong understanding of scripting and programming concepts with the ability to implement.
- Knowledge of RPGs, current technology and tools, user interfaces and game design concepts.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members from different locations and different disciplines.
- Ability to critique the concepts of design and play in a group environment.
- A passion for gaming.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location; http://www.bioware.com/en/studios/bioware-edmonton/ More info contact: Josca Remerie @ [email protected]
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-12