OverviewElectronic Arts Audioworks Development Manager Temporary in Burnaby, BC
Branch Burnaby BC CA
Audioworks Development Manager
Ability to work with artists and an understanding of the creative process and its impact on business needs. Audioworks Development Manager (Temporary)….
Role: Audioworks Development Manager (Temporary)
Audioworks is an award winning audio team creating audio assets for titles within EA STUDIOS. Through uniting our creative talents and technical expertise, Audioworks is driving industry leading audio through partnership, professionalism, expertise, innovation and uncompromising quality.
EA’s Audioworks team has a temporary opportunity open for a Development Manager (DM). There are many exciting projects underway in our studios and we produce progressive audio assets for in-game products from multiple studio locations. You must be based in the Vancouver area and legally eligible to work in Canada to apply for this position.
What a Development Manager does at EA:
The role of DM is dynamic and multi-faceted, requiring strong communication skills, great customer service, a solid ability to prioritize tasks, balance multiple deadlines, and have knowledge of how to excel while working with a multitude of internal clients. The DM will work in close collaboration with the other DM/Development Directors and Audioworks Management, in addition to supporting other Audioworks Department team members and all Audioworks clientele. The DM will be responsible for assisting with managing scope and budget for individual projects, working with Audio POC’s/development teams to ensure all needs are met to deliver on time and on budget, and help in managing the day to day operations of the Audioworks team.
- Assists in managing multiple projects across the Audioworks organization
- Reconcile basic financial information for reporting
- Communicates with team and team partners to ensure alignment and buy in
- Assist in managing Audioworks capacity plan; project scoping and planning; and change requests
- Ensure projects are within spending limits for time and resources
- Track and triage issues by working with other DM/DD’s in department
- Proactively assesses and mitigates risks
- Makes decisions around the balance between quality/time/cost, and advises accordingly
- Provide input to budget planning process; adhering to and tracking budget
- Prioritizes and resolves issues through creative problem solving skills; recognizing and balancing priorities of eliminating the root causes of problems
- Demonstrate/display good customer service and instill that customer satisfaction matters
- On-Boarding new Audioworks team members
- Champion adherence to Audioworks operational protocol
- Track metrics as required
- Proactively contribute to making process improvements and connecting the Audioworks team
- Help to streamline tracking processes and procedures
The next great EA Development Manager also needs:
- 3-5 years Project Management or Project Coordination experience
- Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization, especially in a distributed team from different time zones.
- Ability to work with artists and an understanding of the creative process and its impact on business needs.
- Strong Excel skills- advanced or expert level preferred
- Ability to learn quickly and retain high level of detail
- Positive team based attitude
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eac
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23