OverviewEducational Assistant I (Replacement Step 2)Competition #44-53 in Fort St John, BC
School District #60 (Peace River North)
Branch Fort St John BC CA
Educational Assistant I (Replacement Step 2)Competition #44-53
Fort St John, BC
asset. Level I First Aid Certificate may be required; Must be willing to travel with students to participate in local field trips Training/experience in…
Job Description & Requirements
EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT I (Replacement Step 2)
There is a position available for a Educational Assistant I(Replacement Step 2) at The Key Learning Center in the Northern BC Distance Education School Program. Applications will be accepted by the Human Resources Officer up to 12:00 noon, September 15, 2014.
Reporting to the Principal, this position is responsible for working under the direction of the Learning Services Teacher and various district resource personnel in providing general program assistance for students with special learning needs.
Duties to be assigned include:
- Provide a supporting role for student on IEP’s & ISLP’s support the program as directed by the learning service teacher.
- Collect and record date which will assist teachers in monitoring student programs and progress.
- Marks student work to provide immediate and specific feedback.
- May be required to attend specific workshops at the direction of the Administrative Officer.
- Performs other job related duties as directed by the learning service teacher, other teachers involved in the students program or the school admin.
- Hours of Work: Three and on half (3.5) per day, five (5) days per week.(this can be changed with the approval of both the EA and Teacher in charge of the program)
Duties to Commence: September 2, 2014 and continuing to December 31, 2014 or the return of the incumbent.
Work Year Base: Ten (10) months per year
Commencing Salary: $19.47
Qualifications and Attributes
The ideal candidate will have:
- minimum grade 12 or equivalency and EA Certification;
- One year training/experience working with school aged children;
- High level of competence using education technologies would be a clear asset.
- Level I First Aid Certificate may be required;
- Must be willing to travel with students to participate in local field trips
- Training/experience in working with children with autism and/or anxiety issues an asset (POPARD)
- A Criminal Records Search must be completed and results returned to the Administration Office prior to employees starting any position in the District
- For More Information, Please Contact:
Norbert Kaspar, Principal Key Learning (250) 261-2997 or cell (250)261-1604
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will require WHMIS certification.
This position is available as long as the service is required and in addition, requirements will be assessed annually to determine continued need.
When applying for this position, please indicate the job title and competition number. If you are applying for more than one position, a separate application must be submitted. Failure to comply may result in disqualification.A resume or application may be submitted by email to:
School Principal – NBCDES
School District #60 (Peace River North) has its own application process for Support applicants. Click ‘Apply Now’ to access their online application.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Fort St John, BC, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-11