OverviewEdmonton Public Schools Speech Language Pathology Assistants (Educational Assistants) Temporary in Edmonton, AB
Edmonton Public Schools
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Speech Language Pathology Assistants (Educational Assistants)
Competitive compensation program. Travel to various sites may be required; Excellent communication skills both verbal and written….
Edmonton Public Schools needs you! As part of a multi-disciplinary team, working in a variety of locations, our Speech Language Pathology Assistants (SLPAs) are responsible for implementing speech language programs for students from Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 12.
• you are energetic and enjoy working with students
• you thrive in an environment that encourages collaboration
• you believe that all children should reach their full potential
• you have pictured yourself working with students and making a significant difference in their lives
ABOUT YOUR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• completion of a two-year diploma program (Speech Language Pathologist Assistant or Communications Disorders Assistant)
• one-year related experience with students or clients who have special needs
• excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• superb interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
ABOUT THE ROLE:
• lead and assist speech and language therapy
• assisting students who require specialized supports and services including mild to severe communication delays
• modeling speech and language facilitation strategies
• providing personal care including toileting and lifting
• participate in and conduct Family Oriented Programming sessions and conduct home visits
• travel to various sites may be required; where travel is required, additional compensation will be provided.
ABOUT WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER:
Short and Long Term Assignments Available:
• up to 7 hours per day, Monday – Friday
• regular hours of work between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
• although the number of hours per week cannot be guaranteed, due to significant shortages of SLPAs, those individuals willing to accept assignments throughout the city of Edmonton can expect regular work
Rate of Pay and Benefits:
• $20.66 per hour for supply day-to-day assignments
• $23.10 per hour for long term temporary bi-weekly assignments
• $23.10 to $29.59 per hour for permanent positions
• excellent benefit package provided to supply support staff who receive long-term assignments beyond 25 days in duration and for those obtaining permanent status
Why Edmonton Public Schools?
• full-time and part-time temporary and permanent employment opportunities
• competitive compensation program
• ten-month positions (September – June)
• comprehensive benefits plan including extended health, dental and vision coverage, and a health spending account
• orientation for all supply support staff hires
• personal and professional career development opportunities
If you are interested in working with an organization that supports and encourages children with special needs to reach their full potential, we encourage you to apply.
How to Apply Please forward résumé and cover letter (in Word or PDF format) quoting competition #196854 by February 20, 2017, via email to [email protected] Only those applicants considered will be contacted. This position is covered by a collective agreement between CUPE Local 3550 and the Board of Trustees. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. Prior to employment, successful candidates will be required to submit records check documents.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10