OverviewEdmonton Airports NEW Accounts Payable (Term) Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
NEW Accounts Payable (Term)
Reporting to the Manager, Finance, the Accounts Payable role is accountable for the timely and accurate processing of ERAA’s payable items, while ensuring…
1 Full-Time, Temporary Position (9 Months); Poster #2017-03
REPORTS TO: Manager, Finance
BAND: 4A (Included in the General Bargaining Unit)
SALARY: $29.29 – $32.25 per hour (37.5 hours per week)
POSTING DATE: January 19, 2017 (Internal/External)
CLOSING DATE: January 29, 2017 (Internal), or until a suitable candidate is found (External)
Reporting to the Manager, Finance, the Accounts Payable role is accountable for the timely and accurate processing of ERAA’s payable items, while ensuring adherence to our Purchasing & Procurement policies. The quality and accuracy of financial information are significant output factors of this role. Accounts Payable has strong cross-functional linkages to all SBUs, at all levels of the organization.
POSITION SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Ensure the delivery of optimal results against appropriate performance metrics, including the timely and accurate processing of invoices.
• Recommend and develop Finance processes to ensure compliance to policies, standards, regulatory requirements and ensure mitigation of risks, and support and guide users through software issues, promote internal awareness of finance policies.
• Ensure payable items are accurately coded, calculated, and correctly entered into the financial system for payment and that they adhere to ERAA’s Purchasing & Procurement policy.
• Generate a scheduled payment report and applicable funds transmission of various currencies.
• Respond to supplier inquiries/statements regarding our account activity, in a timely and professional manner.
Special Requirements POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
• Post-secondary diploma in Accounting from a recognized post-secondary institution; along with 3 years’ related experience is required; equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
• Experience and knowledge of computerized accounting and financial systems and an ability to use financial analysis software (Excel, Access) at an intermediate level is required; strong data entry abilities
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to meet tight deadlines and identify and manage changing priorities are required.
• The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and accountable; demonstrating a willingness to contribute to team efforts in a positive manner.
• Must secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance and acceptable criminal records check.
Applicants from this competition may be utilized to fill future vacancies of a similar nature
Closing Date: January 29, 2017 @ 5:00 p.m (Internal) or until a suitable candidate is found (External)
*Please reference the posting number and title when sending in your application*
Email: [email protected] Website: http://flyeia.com/
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23