OverviewEcojustice Donor Relations (Philanthropy) Coordinator Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Donor Relations (Philanthropy) Coordinator
Since 1990, Ecojustice Canada has been leading the fight for a brighter environmental future. Our lawyers represent community groups, non-profits, First Nations…
Position Type: Permanent
Status: Full Time
Date Posted: January 24, 2017
Closing Date: February 10, 2017
Since 1990, Ecojustice Canada has been leading the fight for a brighter environmental future. We are Canada’s only national environmental law charity, with four offices across the country. Our lawyers represent community groups, non-profits, First Nations, and individual Canadians on the frontlines of the fight for environmental justice. Our ground-breaking lawsuits protect wilderness and wildlife, take aim at dirty energy projects and keep harmful chemicals out of the air, water and soil we all depend on. To learn more about the impactful work we do to protect and restore Canada’s environment, go to: http://www.ecojustice.ca/
When you join the Ecojustice team, you are joining a community of highly engaged staff who care deeply about Canada’s environment and making sure that it is protected. We offer strong work-life balance, a generous vacation policy and other benefits that make Ecojustice an attractive place to work.
About the Role:
The successful candidate will assume responsibilities in these areas:
- Overseeing the processing of all one-time and monthly donations. This includes batching, sending of recurring gift data to financial institutions, data entry and commitment of gift data to Raiser’s Edge data base.
- Supervising the Donor Relations Associate and Data Entry Clerk, and the work of any other staff entering data or performing donor relations functions.
- Supervising volunteers as they assist with opening mail, processing receipts and data entry
- Responding to or supervising the response to donor inquiries and/or complaints in a thorough and timely manner and logging these interactions. This includes referring legal case inquiries.
- Strategic stewardship and cultivation of donors
- Overseeing the receipt and acknowledgement of monthly cumulative donations in a timely manner, and personalizing acknowledgements whenever possible, e.g. customizing letters according to the fundraising appeal the donor responded to.
- Ensuring integrity of data in Raiser’s Edge Data Base
- Reconciliation of Finance totals with Raiser’s Edge
- Creating donor relations budget and ordering materials and supplies as needed.
- Maintaining a procedure manual for the use of Raiser’s Edge by Philanthropy and revising procedures when required, ensuring that the Philanthropy Team follows these protocols when using Raiser’s Edge, and identifying Raiser’s Edge training opportunities.
- Volunteer Recognition and Events
- Supervising recovery of one-time and monthly gifts that cannot be processed due to incorrect banking or credit card information
- Supervising the tracking of returned mail and phoning of donors in order to obtain new contact information
- Overseeing that updates of donor records are done on a daily basis.
- Carrying out the role of Privacy Officer for Ecojustice
Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned by Ecojustice. The full job description is available from Human Resources upon request.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Your education will include a university degree or college diploma and you will have a minimum of two years of relevant experience. As our ideal candidate, you will have a background in fundraising, the not-for-profit sector, donor relations and customer service. Prior supervisory experience would be considered an asset.
Strong computer proficiency is required, including advanced knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and a demonstrated ability in using this database program. You will also be proficient with MS Office, having advanced Excel skills as well as basic accounting knowledge. Being highly detail oriented, you will ensure that data integrity is maintained and effectively manage the donor relations budget.
In overseeing and managing the daily operations of the Donor Relations department, you will have the ability to supervise both paid staff and volunteers. With your excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, you will positively interact with donors and ensure that their donations are processed efficiently and accurately.
If you are passionate about the environment and want to work to support our mission and vision by supporting others, you are encouraged to apply by submitting a cover letter and resume.
The compensation package includes a transportation incentive for eligible staff choosing to take public transit, walk, or cycle to work.
Ecojustice Canada is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Applicants with disabilities, of indigenous descent or visible minorities are especially encouraged to apply.
This is a union position and employment will be subject to the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement with the Movement of United Professional (MoveUp) Union, Local 378.
Thank you for your interest in this career opportunity. For questions, please contact Andrea Gutierrez at 604.685.5618 x229 or [email protected]
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-25