OverviewEaton Systems Specialist Full Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Update and communicate Action Item Lists back through the assigned Project Manager to ensure project deliverables are met within the allotted timelines….
Eaton Lighting Solutions is seeking a Systems Specialist. The System Specialist can work remotely out of a home office in either Calgary or Vancouver.
This position is responsible for project deployments and commissioning of Eaton’s Lighting Systems and Solutions. The Systems Specialist will oversee and execute all elements of the programming and commissioning of Eaton’s lighting control systems (Fifth Light, Greengate, iLumin, LumaWatt). This role will support Eaton’s customers (end users and electrical contractors) and channel partners (agents, distributors) in the deployment and support of the lighting control systems.
- Responsible for programming, training end users, and signing-off lighting control systems
- Responsible to handle all system commissioning and internal coordination with the Project Managers for scheduling requests and site coordination
- Review and confirm receipt of all relevant site information before visiting site (site contact, access hours and restrictions, commissioning documents, travel arrangements, and so on…)
- Meet and inform electrical contractors and general contractors our commissioning walk-throughs and procedures based on project specifics
- Completion of proper documentation (site reports, commissioning spreadsheets, incident reports, and so on…) must follow process steps, resolve issues systematically with engineering rigor and inform the Team Lead of possible improvements to the process where necessary
- Update and communicate Action Item Lists back through the assigned Project Manager to ensure project deliverables are met within the allotted timelines
- Track site deliverables through the use of Site Reports and close communication with the assigned Project Manager
- Monitor and report commissioning progress and completion
Identify any project risks, unforeseen obstacles, corrective actions, safety issues, liabilities etc.
- Responsible for 3rd party integration and completion of project commissioning reports and sign-off documents
- Help identify, document and resolve difficult technical issues on project sites
This position requires traveling frequently (80%) within Canada
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm .
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Electrical/Electronic Technologist Degree
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in lighting/building automation
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Extremely strong written and oral communication skills in both English and French
- Very well organized and with a positive approach and commitment to Company standards, performance and policies
- Has a “hands-on” approach to problem solving and has the technical competence to understand and analyze issues that are encountered
- Good, working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Meticulous documentation maintenance skills
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11