OverviewEaton Project Coordinator Full Time in Mississauga, ON
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Job Description PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES: This position will handle everything after the quote stage to ensure spec drawings, sign offs, releases and
This position will handle everything after the quote stage to ensure spec drawings, sign offs, releases and deliveries are maintained as needed.
- If drawings don’t meet with approval, work with client to re-access needs, get a re-quote and provide new spec drawings.
- Maintain project files to ensure the correct material is released to production at the appropriate times.
- Works closely with the production planners to ensure manufacture of product for on time delivery. Offer substitution ideas when delivery expectations can’t be met.
- Maintain spreadsheet as necessary to ensure that project quantities on the PO are not exceeded by releases.
- Logs and manages all change notices, correspondence and requests.
- Responsible for issuing credits, debits, Return Material Authorizations etc.
- Assists in resolving any billing, shipping and quality issues as needed.
- Reviews bills of material for replacement parts
- Works with the credit department on invoice discrepancies
- Liaises with the shipping department in setting up appropriate delivery appointments for the project.
- Management of a quick-ship manufacturing cell (4 people) including work scheduling, order creation, inventory, standard work processes, and safety. Also involves quoting customers and our agents on lead time for hot orders, rework, and warranty purposes.
- Responsible for creation and submission of vendor supplied lamps, ballasts and components purchase orders, as well as factory supplied components for Rapid Response cell. Also responsible for creation and submission of vendor supplied Poles, pole arms and pole accessories purchase orders.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The incumbent will be working in a dynamic and fast paced team environment. As a consummate professional, you will be required to quickly gain knowledge and become the technical subject matter expert for Eaton Lighting Solutions. An ability to work across departments and learn new systems will be an ongoing feature of this position.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
- A recognized diploma or degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Excellence in business communication (written and verbal).
Extensive use of Email and the Internet for transfer of information and job related research.
Engineering background and understanding a plus.
- Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team.
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions that provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has more than 100,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18