OverviewEaton Environmental Health & Safety Technician Full Time in Mississauga, ON
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Environmental Health & Safety Technician
Effective time management and project management skills. Serve as Management Co-Chair on Joint Health & Safety Committee….
Job Description Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Technician. The Environmental Health & Safety Technician will be based at our Mississauga, CA facility.
Position Overview :
As an EHS Technician, you will provide Environmental, Health, Safety and Security support to the Mississauga Distribution Centre, enabling the site to meet established EHS targets and objectives. The incumbent will ensure EHS performance data is updated accordingly, Eaton and regulatory requirements are communicated, and EHS documentation is accurately retained.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Assist in implementation and maintenance of MESH Assessment criteria.
- Manage ISO 14001 documentation.
- Assist in the preparation and control of records, statistics, and reports regarding operations at multiple sites.
- Manage the waste and sustainability programs.
- Ensure industrial hygiene compliance and monitoring (annual audiometric testing).
- Evaluate jobs for possible ergonomic improvements by updating/revising workstation risk assessments.
- Actively investigate accidents and near misses, identifying room causes and ensuring corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Coordinate all regulatory compliance programs with Eaton EHS safety elements (including, but not limited to: Racking Safety, Powered Industrial Trucks, Electrical Safety, WHMIS, Fall Protection, Machine Guarding, Contractor Safety).
- Serve as Management Co-Chair on Joint Health & Safety Committee.
- Maintain an up-to-date emergency response and business recovery plan.
- Create and maintain training matrices to ensure all training is defined and tracked to completion.
- Use EHS data process (MESH Prism) to manage injury, illness, environmental and sustainability metrics
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements) Basic Qualifications:
- College Diploma from an accredited institution
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- No relocation is being provided. Candidates being considered for this role must live within 80 kilometers of Mississauga, CA.
- One-year experience in a warehouse environment
- EHS related education
- EHS related experience
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced/changing environment.
- Proficient analytical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skill. Ability to facilitate teams/groups and work with all levels of the organization.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office and SAP.
- Effective time management and project management skills.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-02