OverviewEATON Environmental Health & Safety Manager Full Time in Airdrie, AB
Branch Airdrie AB CA
Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Promote and collaborate with team members to identify new objectives, areas of improvement, activities and guidelines required to effectively drive reduction in…
Eaton Industries Canada Company is currently recruiting for an Environmental Health & Safety Manager at the Airdrie, AB Plant Facility.
Under the direction of the Plant Manager and as a member of the Plant Leadership team, the incumbent in this position has the responsibility to work closely with stakeholders to drive the EH&S activities, developing and deploying a strategy that ensures a culture of EH&S compliance and continuous improvement for the Airdrie plant
- Promote and collaborate with team members to identify new objectives, areas of improvement, activities and guidelines required to effectively drive reduction in environmental, health and safety (EHS) risks and hazards.
- Ensure safe work practices and compliance with EHS policies and procedures as outlined in MESH, the ISO 14001 system or that are required to comply with relevant legislation.
- Drive the continuous improvement of all EH&S related activities by facilitating effective preventative/corrective action.
- Develop and mentor team members across the organization.
- Act as the EH&S Management Representative for all end/3rd party certifications.
- Provide ongoing training, at all levels, of EH&S systems, policies, procedures and relevant legislation.
- Liaise with external regulatory, advisory, certification and registration bodies.
- Manage the internal audit program for all EH&S systems.
- Collect, analyze and publish applicable data.
- Establish and maintain Environmental Health & Safety policies, practices and metrics.
- Ensure the integrity of all EH&S documentation.
- Review and participate in investigation and reporting of workplace and incidents and ensure robust corrective actions are identified and implemented.
- Drive continuous improvement by Implementing effective loss control measures to reduce accidents and injuries.
- Become actively involved in the planning and installation of new equipment, hazard analysis and solutions to alleviate hazards or potential hazards.
- Monitors and administers Early and Safe Return to Work Programs for all occupational and non-occupational illnesses/injuries.
- Act as a local resource for other Eaton facilities in Western Canada as required (i.e. regulatory issues, incident investigation, training etc.)
Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
- 2 year college or university diploma from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 3 years of EHS experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- Relocation is not offered. Only candidates residing within an 80 km radius of Airdrie, AB will be considered.
- TRCR, DACR, First Aid, Waste, Utility consumption
- Incident and Injury analysis; i.e. Claims costs
- Training completion, effectiveness, budgets
- Capital Expenditures related to EHS i.e. Ergonomic improvements
- EBE, EQS, OOA, HR Operating Review
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- CRSP or other professional designation
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced/changing manufacturing environment
- Strong analytical aptitude and complex problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to facilitate teams/groups and work with all levels of the organization
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office
- Prior people management experience
- Ability to influence all levels within an organization
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing processes and Six Sigma Tools preferred
- Facilitating training – electrical and mechanical maintenance or experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Airdrie, AB, CA
Posted on: 2018-02-11