OverviewEastlink Supply Chain Specialist Full Time in Halifax, NS
Branch Halifax NS CA
Supply Chain Specialist
Ensures materials and services are cost effective through evaluating new requisitions to determine if they should be attached or leveraged to an existing…
Eastlink has held the designation as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies for nine consecutive years by delivering world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink’s advanced services include Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming on Eastlink TV. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada – Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of nearly 1600 individuals.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager the Supply Chain Specialist is one of three positions accountable for managing the performance of the transactional supply chain from beginning to end. The supply chain is a horizontal process (with both forward and reverse channels) that begins with a business requirement for materials and or services through to final delivery to the end customer. Critical sub-processes within the supply chain include: requisitioning, sourcing, competitive pricing, contract price management, transportation, lead time delivery performance, logistics, inventory investment optimization, catalogue set-up and maintenance, order control management, supplier performance management, expediting and contract administration of corporate agreements. This role will also manage and maintain user tools and systems that enable the supply chain such as procurement card program and user portals etc. A significant challenge of this role is to synthesize and balance all of the moving parts within the supply chain to ensure materials and services are delivered to the right place at the right time and the right price. This role must work closely with internal customers, finance and procurement teams, suppliers and transportation service providers as well as various levels within the organization to ensure an efficient and cost effective supply chain.
• Ensures requisition accuracy and efficient processing through conducting a thorough review of description, sourcing detail, delivery requirements, price accuracy and proactive communications with requestor, procurement team, approvers, suppliers and transportation providers;
• Ensures materials and services are cost effective through evaluating new requisitions to determine if they should be attached or leveraged to an existing contract;
• Evaluate if materials should be treated as special order or become a stocked inventory item based on forecasted use and other existing supply contracts while working with the Supply Chain Manager, Materials Planning and Control Manager, Senior Buyers and the Internal requestor.
• Supports the procurement process through requesting quotations and supporting the Supply Chain Manager, Materials Planning and Control Manager and Senior Buyer on sourcing, RFP and tendering initiatives;
• Ensures system data accuracy through set up and maintenance of supplier contact information, catalogue set up/maintenance and contract price maintenance;
• Ensures fill rate performance KPIs are achieved on assigned products through monitoring demand/forecasts, initiating inventory replenishment, expediting, and supplier performance management;
• Supports inventory investment optimization through monitoring inventory turns, order controls and forecasts as well as assisting in obsolescence and excess inventory reviews;
• Ensures user tools and systems are effectively enabling supply chain process efficiency through set up and maintenance of user portal access, catalogues, procurement card programs and other applications;
• Administers corporate shared service contracts and programs including the procurement card program through program administration, contract management, monitoring policy compliance, document control, and program education and reporting.
• 3-5 years related experience in procurement, purchasing & supply chain management;
• Business degree, diploma or equivalent experience in procurement, supply chain management or supplier contract administration;
• Knowledge of procurement and supply chain processes and methodologies is an asset;
• Strong knowledge of applicable codes, standards and legislation;
• Knowledge of telecommunications and information technologies industries an asset;
• Experience coordinating vendor tendering, evaluation and contract negotiations/formation is an asset;
• High proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite specifically Excel and Word;
• Hours of work – Monday to Friday either 8:00-4:30 or 8:30-5:00.
Eastlink is focused on creating an environment which promotes individual growth and career satisfaction. Creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and innovation drive us. We’re looking for people who have the passion for our business, our values and want to go above and beyond for our customers every day.
Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Eastlink is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-25