OverviewEastlink Project Manager, National Operations Full Time in Dartmouth, NS
Branch Dartmouth NS CA
Project Manager, National Operations
Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink’s advanced services include Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation,…
Eastlink has held the designation as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies for nine consecutive years by delivering world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink’s advanced services include Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming on Eastlink TV. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada – Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of nearly 1600 individuals.
Reporting to the Director of Operations Support and Logistics, the Project Manager will be responsible for delivering projects of various sizes and complexities and will ensure a consistent national approach to project and process execution within field Operations. As a leadership role within Eastlink, the Project Manager will champion initiatives within the Operations team, and will collaborate with other departments to deliver against the priorities of the organization. The Project Manager will own the measurement of field operations, leading the design and execution of processes that support a consistent and continually improved customer experience and operational effectiveness.
• Maintain ownership of the National Service Metrics, supporting Operations Directors in the analyses and achievement of customer focussed annual targets;
• Support the integration of functions and processes into Operations, ensuring synergies are maximized;
• Manage project schedules, tasks, resources, costs, and timelines, escalate any issues in a timely manner;
• Ensure all projects are managed to clear, defined objectives, ensuring accurate, and timely reporting is completed;
• Work to design, improve and drive national Operations processes which will enable superior customer service and continually improve the effectiveness of field operations;
• Embrace and execute upon Eastlink’s approach to project planning, innovation, execution and continuous improvement;
• Act as a liaison between all functions affecting Operations within Eastlink and with external partners.
As the ideal candidate you will be comfortable leading teams or working independently on projects of varying size and complexities. You have highly developed communication skills, your proven track record of leading cross functional teams is only enhanced by your collaborative approach in managing issues and risks, as well as identifying opportunities. You are flexible and highly adaptable, able to deliver measureable results in fast paced and constantly changing work environment.
• Minimum 3 years of experience managing projects and process design;
• Post-secondary education in Electronics, project management or another relevant program or equivalent experience;
• 5 years of operational experience/knowledge in the telecommunications industry is preferred;
• Proven dedication to the customer experience, while considering the constant need for increased operational effectiveness;
• Ability to think broadly and strategically, understanding the cross functional impact of project initiatives;
• Strong analytical background with a solid grasp of business systems and operational processes;
• Experience managing projects and complex initiatives through to successful completion;
• Strong experience analyzing and presenting data using in Excel, Word, Visio, MS Project etc.
Eastlink is focused on creating an environment which promotes individual growth and career satisfaction. Creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and innovation drive us. We’re looking for people who have the passion for our business, our values and want to go above and beyond for our customers every day.
Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
If you’re ready to take on this exciting opportunity, please apply online.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Dartmouth, NS, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24