OverviewEastlink Analyst Full Time in Halifax, NS
Branch Halifax NS CA
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – (Advanced skills in Excel). It has never been a more exciting place to be and the future is promising….
Halifax, Nova Scotia
A privately owned Maritime based company with more than 1,600 employees from coast to coast; EastLink delivers world-class video entertainment, internet and telephone services to residential, business and public-sector customers across Canada. Expanding not only in terms of the number of great new products, EastLink has continued to expand geographically; the company is now the fifth largest cable television provider in Canada. Soon, EastLink will introduce a competitive, new wireless product to the market, starting here in our home province of Nova Scotia. It has never been a more exciting place to be and the future is promising.
The Business Analyst is responsible for measuring and analyzing key metrics within the Customer Payment & Credit Services group and comparing them to best practice. The Analyst is also responsible for identifying and implementing process improvements, working closely with management team members to minimize bad debt risk and improve operational efficiencies while ensuring superior, outstanding customer service. Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Measure & monitor performance, efficiency and productivity metrics within the Customer Payment & Credit Services functions.
• Conduct on-going tracking, reporting, and analysis of trends in payment & credit operations areas, comparing results to established performance benchmarks (collection agency effectiveness, billing system aging, # delinquent accounts, location trending, average account balances, Aspect metrics and call volumes, customer payment methods, etc).
• Assess accounts receivable call volumes and forecasting requirements to improve resource scheduling efficiencies
• Assist in development of programs and special projects designed to gather data and ultimately improve operational efficiencies.
The successful candidate is a focused, results driven individual who is detail orientated, analytical, enjoys taking initiative and problem solving within a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
• Degree in accounting, finance or business administration is required
• 3+ years experience in a financial, customer service related role
• Demonstrated ability to analyze large volumes of operational data and identify trends
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to present data in a meaningful way that will help decision makers
• Experience in a credit and collections call centre and or telecommunications environment an asset
• Goal & results oriented with desire to contribute to profitability of the organization
• Self directed and driven to take initiative a must
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – (Advanced skills in Excel)
EastLink provides a unique opportunity to work within an organization that fosters creativity, innovation and strives towards personal development and career satisfaction. As one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, our goal is to provide an environment that will continue to challenge and motivate our employees.
Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, EastLink embraces diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourages members of equity groups to self identify during the application process.
EastLink is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24