OverviewEagle Professional Resources Inc. Spacial Architect Contract in Edmonton, AB
Eagle Professional Resources Inc.
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Design a spatial data warehouse and catalogue; Proven experience implementing a Spatial Data Warehouse applying best practices;…
Eagle is currently seeking a Spacial Architect for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in February.
The successful candidate will:
- Define spatial best practices for data and technology;
- Design a spatial data warehouse and catalogue;
- Assist with the development of Spatial Roadmaps;
- Analyze business requirements regarding the use of spatial information;
- Evaluate spatial data architectures and recommend solutions to address data sharing, collaboration, access, etc.;
- Evaluate technology architectures and provide recommendations for a future state that addresses spatial requirements;
- Provide input into the spatial competency assessment;
- Assist with the initial draft of a RFP for a GIS Enterprise Environment;
- Provide input into current state improvements to prepare for a major technology renewal; and,
- Provide expertise as needed for all spatial projects on the current roadmap, to support the Spatial Strategies and Management office as needed, to mentor spatial staff, and in general to augment our current spatial architect capacity.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Senior level spatial architecture experience;
- Very good understanding of multiple Spatial Platforms: Hexagon, ESRI, Bentley;
- Good knowledge of Oracle Spatial databases (with Oracle Workspace Manager);
- Knowledge of ESRI Geodatabases and SDE;
- Knowledge of Spatial Open Source technology;
- Proven experience implementing a Spatial Data Warehouse applying best practices;
- Strong understanding of metadata standards for spatial data;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Strong team player that works well and collaborates with other team members;
- Ability to mentor other domain architects;
- Good facilitation and presentation skills; and,
- Experience with Google Suite.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10