OverviewEagle Professional Resources Inc. Engineering Specialist Contract in Toronto, ON
Eagle Professional Resources Inc.
Branch Toronto ON CA
Extended Knowledge in other aspects of telecommunications; Minimum 3 years of experience in in Land Mobile Radio(LMR), telecommunications or related field;…
Eagle is currently seeking an Engineering Specialist for an eleven (11) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and recommending appropriate radio architectures, with particular emphases in the Public Safety domain;
- Developing network and service designs associated with approved architectures and best practices;
- Developing and/or managing the development of all aspects of Radio Network engineering and design including: RF coverage analysis, RF antenna subsystems design, Capacity augments, Provisioning and configuration of network equipment, IP-based equipment deployment and servers integration, Site documentation Implementation and as-built documentation, On-site installation support and system optimization, Dispatch console implementation and upgrades, In-building coverage system implementation, Testing and validation of network equipment, Radio terminal configuration
- Leading and/or assisting in the technical preparation of bids and proposals;
- Leading and/or managing the development of system upgrade and cutover strategies;
- Formulating network management strategies;
- Evaluating networks for performance, scalability, and security; and,
- Providing technical support to Tier 2 and Tier 1 support staff during times of complex faults and to pre-sales engineering group.
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences or equivalent;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in in Land Mobile Radio(LMR), telecommunications or related field;
- Strong Project Management skills;
- Solid Business and Financial Acumen;
- Extended Knowledge in other aspects of telecommunications;
- Basic IT proficiency including experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio;
- Knowledge of trunked radio networks (P25), backhaul networks also an asset;
- Experience in design and configuration of IP-based networks, Windows and Solaris server systems, RF antenna systems, LMR systems and data networking;
- Knowledge of conventional UHF and VHF radio communications systems;
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills;
- Knowledge of SQL, MS Access, Auto Cad, MapInfo, Planet EV;
- Experience with customer interface/issue resolution;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; and,
- Bilingualism (English, French).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-30