OverviewEA Mobile: UI Artist in Charlottetown, PE
Branch Charlottetown PE CA
EA Mobile: UI Artist
problem solvers who enjoy working the iterative process. UI Artists are highly creative and are expected to produce everything from concept sketches to finished…
EA Mobile leads the Social and Mobile gaming industry in innovation and creativity with award-winning, category-defining games designed for friends to play together. The company has changed the way people play games by creating more social and connected experiences. The company’s games are amongst the most acclaimed and include The Sims Social, Plants vs Zombies Adventures, Fifa Superstars, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, and Real Racing 3. EA AllPlay has development studios in San Francisco, Redwood City, Los Angeles, Charlottetown, Salt Lake City, Austin, and Australia.
Our work environment is fun, fast-paced and rewarding. We provide a unique environment for learning, development and shaping the future of computer games. Our Charlottetown studio is seeking an UI Artist to contribute to the look and feel of our Mobile games.
Candidates in this role should be pro-active problem solvers who enjoy working the iterative process. UI Artists are highly creative and are expected to produce everything from concept sketches to finished, polished in-game artwork in order to clearly carry the products vision to internal and external stakeholders. Candidates must be highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. A keen eye for style and technical know-how is an absolute must.
Ideal candidates for this position will have a passion for interfaces, extensive 2D art background and a strong graphic design sense. Experience with scripting is a plus, but technical competency is a requirement.
- Work on multiple iterations, both independently and in collaboration with Art/Design Leads.
- Mock up Interfaces, HUD Layouts and iconography for game menus in a time sensitive manor.
- Both create new and modify live menus and assets.
- Work closely work code to ensure the UI functions correctly and is effectively using available resources.
- Continually update all required documentation and communicate changes to process to other disciplines.
- Understanding of how the audience interacts with games/services and interpreting that information to improve our user’s experience.
- Experience as a UI artist on Social or Mobile platforms (Live Development services are preferred).
- Professional experience with Adobe Flash, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Excellent conceptual, illustration and graphic design skills.
- Understand flow, composition, and design as they relate to the user’s experience in a mobile game.
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to effectively analyze project requirements.
- Technical aptitude and a cooperative/collaborative approach to teamwork.
- Able to meet deadlines and work in an iterative and AGILE production process.
- Experience working in a version control environment (Perforce).
- Understanding of animation principles (ease in/out)
- A great sense of humor and a passion for making games!
- Ability to animate using Adobe Flash.
- Ability to write, edit and understand scripts.
- Experience with Unity in a professional work environment.
- Communication skills in a second language.
- Familiarity with the intellectual property (Simpsons).
**A portfolio must be submitted for consideration for this role.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Charlottetown, PE, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-11