OverviewE-Comm 9-1-1 Service Desk Technician Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Service Desk Technician
This differs significantly from the standard community-based and vocational security clearances issued by airport authorities, correctional facilities,…
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITY Reporting to the Manager Service Desk, the Service Desk Technician is the central point of contact between internal and external clients and Technology Services; provides first level remote support, refers unresolved matters to appropriate technical staff, and ensures the timely completion of escalated tickets; provides advice, information and assistance to clients in the use of software applications, hardware and technology services; and monitors and follows up on the completion of outstanding tickets.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Responds to service calls through an automated call distribution system; logs all incidents and requests in the IT service management tool.
- Provides first level remote support to internal and external clients for a wide variety of technical, network and operating systems, applications, hardware, mobile devices, and wireless technology and telephony; investigates, troubleshoots and resolves incidents and requests; refers unresolved matters to appropriate technical staff.
- Provides advice, information and assistance to clients in the use of various software applications, hardware and technology services.
- Performs routine tasks such as adding and removing user accounts, resetting passwords, and general account administration.
- Monitors the completion of escalated tickets; ensures that tickets are completed in a timely manner and that the technical knowledge base is updated; obtains clarification from technical staff on outstanding tickets.
- Monitors alarms and alerts and escalates incidents as required.
- Creates and maintains technical knowledge based articles related to the work.
- Provides information and assistance to other members of the service desk team as required.
- Performs related work as required.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a certificate program in computer information systems, preferably some related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- ITIL Foundation v3 or later accreditation preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the range of diagnostic utilities used in the work.
- Knowledge of the methods, practices, procedures, standards, concepts and best practices (ITSM: ITIL) applied in the work.
- Ability to assess the nature of requests, troubleshoot problems, and provide first level remote support.
- Ability to provide advice, information and assistance in the use of software applications, hardware and technology services.
- Ability to monitor various alarms and alerts, assess the nature of problems, and escalate incidents as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and staff, and to exercise tact and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, and to prepare knowledge based articles and other technical documentation related to the work.
- Ability to balance priorities and meet service expectations in a fast-paced call centre environment.
- Skill in the operation of equipment used in the work.
- Excellent performance and attendance record.
- Must successfully complete a 9-month probationary period .
- NB: As a condition of employment you will be required to obtain and maintain a Police Reliability Status (security clearance). This differs significantly from the standard community-based and vocational security clearances issued by airport authorities, correctional facilities, volunteer positions at law enforcement agencies, the Government of Canada, or Treasury Board. The process consists of, in part a ten-year employment and detailed personal background check, a credit check, a review of police and security-related databases, a criminal records check, a lifestyle questionnaire and a comprehensive interview which may generate further follow-up investigation and/or a polygraph.
- The minimum residency in Canada to conduct these aforementioned police-level clearances, as established by our law enforcement partner agencies is five(5) years and longer, depending on the level of clearance required for the applicable position.
JOB TERM AND DETAILS:
- This is a regular full-time (RFT) position running Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week
- N.B. Nine (9) hour shifts starting between 5am and ending 11pm required on a rotational basis.
- Total Number of Positions: Six (6)
- Total Number of Positions Remaining: Two (2)
HOW TO APPLY
- To simplify the application process, you may email your resume in .doc or .docx (Microsoft Word Format preferred) directly to this email to expedite your application. No cover-letter is required. We are unable to accept in-person, paper, or fax submissions.
- Please try to avoid any key contact information contained within the headers and footers of your resume as it usually won’t be captured or “scrubbed” by most applicant tracking systems out there.
- No cover-letter is required. We are unable to accept in-person, paper, or fax submissions.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25