OverviewE-Comm 9-1-1 Process Coordinator Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
This differs significantly from the standard community-based and vocational security clearances issued by airport authorities, correctional facilities,…
Reporting to the Manager Service Desk, the Process Coordinator monitors and ensures compliance with service desk administrative processes related to response documentation. An incumbent monitors incident and request tickets to ensure that adequate quality and customer service levels are maintained, follows up on outstanding tickets, identifies trends in ticket requests, and makes recommendations to improve service.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Monitors compliance and assists various Information Technology groups in following established processes for documenting responses to incidents and requests; monitors tickets to ensure quality and customer service levels are maintained.
- Reviews incident and request tickets for compliance with service and operating agreements; monitors ticket completion by ticket staff, follows up on outstanding tickets; refers outstanding tickets to responsible parties.
- Monitors the IT service management tool to determine incident and request categories; identifies trends in ticket requests; makes recommendations to improve service, such as establishing new ticket categories to capture requests or revising processes to provide more timely service.
- Assists a superior in coordinating the development of “tip of the day” and “break and learn” messages by technical staff and transmits to users; recommends the development of specific tips based on service requests and may write tips as required.
- Provides clerical support for procurement requests and completes order forms; liaises with managers and vendors to ensure the timely processing of requests.
- As required, downloads and compiles reports related to the work.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the methods, practices, procedures, concepts, standards and best practices applied to technology service management (ITSM: ITIL).
- Knowledge of the clerical method and procedures applied in the work.
- Ability to monitor compliance with quality and customer service levels and to make recommendations for service improvements.
- Ability to recognize trends in user support requests and assist a superior in coordinating the development of user tips.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts and to exercise tact and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to use a variety of office equipment and applications software.
- Skill in the operation of equipment used in the work.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a certificate program in information systems and preferably some related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- ITIL Foundation v3 or later accreditation is required.
- Excellent performance and attendance record.
- NB: As a condition of employment, you must acquire and maintain a Police-Level Security Clearance. This differs significantly from the standard community-based and vocational security clearances issued by airport authorities, correctional facilities, volunteer positions at law enforcement agencies, the Government of Canada, or Treasury Board. The process consists of, in part a ten-year employment and detailed personal background check, a credit check, a review of police and security-related databases, a criminal records check, a lifestyle questionnaire and a comprehensive interview which may generate further follow-up investigation and/or a polygraph.
- The minimum residency in Canada to conduct these aforementioned police-level clearances, as established by our law enforcement partner agencies is five(5) years and longer, depending on the level of clearance required for the applicable position.
- CUPE Local 873
JOB TERM & DETAILS
- This is a regular full-time (RFT) position
- Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week
- Total number of positions: One (1)
HOW TO APPLY
- To simplify the application process, you may email your resume in .doc or .docx (Microsoft Word Format preferred) directly to this email to expedite your application. No cover-letter is required. We are unable to accept in-person, paper, or fax submissions.
- Please try to avoid any key contact information contained within the headers and footers of your resume as it usually won’t be captured or “scrubbed” by most applicant tracking systems out there.
- No cover-letter is required. We are unable to accept in-person, paper, or fax submissions.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25