Employment Type: Freelance
Posted on: 2017-02-10
Dynamic Owl Consulting Digital Design Specialist Contract in Vancouver, BC
Dynamic Owl Consulting
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Digital Design Specialist
In depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop). Bring forward creative ideas for design and content using your design…
The Digital Design Specialist will be responsible for publishing professional marketing materials that enhance the Dynamic Owl/Bonzai Intranet brand. If you have a strong visual sense and a solid understanding of design, colour, and typography…apply within! We are looking for a strong candidate who is up for owning the design of digital and print content within corporate graphic standards.
- Collaboration with marketing and product teams to build our corporate identity through effective digital and offline marketing assets, such as online and print collateral, blogs and other social media content, presentations, signage, business cards, promotional items, etc.
- Conceptualize, design and produce templates to improve the effectiveness of our digital communications
- Source, prepare artwork files and place print orders with service providers
- Bring forward creative ideas for design and content using your design expertise
- Provide desktop publishing services to the marketing team (while adhering to corporate graphic standards). Source/create graphics, import text and graphics into desktop publishing software programs, position artwork and text in templates, format text size, column width and spacing, proof layouts, prepare files for print and web
- Maintain corporate brand graphics such as logos, wordmarks, etc.
- Occasional creation of videos and motion graphics (including feature overviews, training videos, animations and video bumpers)
- Bachelor’s degree in digital media or graphic design
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with branding and graphic design. In depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop). Web design/content/programming and experience in motion graphics an asset.
- Knowledge of Hubspot design interface is an asset
- High attention to detail, able to work on multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Exceptional communication and time management skills
- Strong decision making based on sound understanding and evaluation of relevant information; gathers information and involves others as appropriate
What’s in it for you!
- Excellent salary, benefits and perks including a brand new office in the heart of downtown, quality coffee, Lunch n Learn Fridays and a bunch of fun and passionate people.
- Small team. You won’t be a tiny cog in a large machine, your contributions will be crucial to our success!
- We love to learn. You will be eligible for training and other learning opportunities and exposed to new concepts and technologies.
- We are out to change the world, and you can be a part of it!
- We hold a lot of team events. Cooking classes, parties, gaming nights (let us know if you’re good at Dominion or Warcraft) and BBQs are just a few examples
Job Type: Contract