OverviewDynaLIFE Assistant Manager, Microbiology Temporary in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Assistant Manager, Microbiology
Recruitment, interviewing and selection of employees, coaching, mentoring and training employees, preparation and administration of performance appraisals,…
Operating 24/7, Microbiology plays a key role in providing quality service to regional clients in Alberta as well as surrounding regions. Microbiology partners with our clients to play a key role in infection control within hospitals and long-term care facilities. As an Assistant Manager you will provide day-to-day supervision, oversight and direction of the Microbiology Laboratory Operations at our Base Lab.
Major Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsibilities include, but not limited to: recruitment, interviewing and selection of employees, coaching, mentoring and training employees, preparation and administration of performance appraisals, ensuring proper staffing levels are maintained, application and enforcement of established operating procedures and policies, conducting employee meetings, encouraging and motivating employees, establishing and maintaining a positive and respectful work environment, manage and verify time and attendance, maintain discipline and order in conjunction with the Department Manager, and teambuilding.
- Develop and maintain cooperative and positive working relationships with all key stakeholders, by providing the highest possible service to patients, physicians, and coworkers.
- Ensure quality control standards are consistently and accurately performed. Take corrective action for any deficiencies as per established protocols.
- Ensure that all equipment is properly maintained, calibrated and in top working order.
- Outstanding skills in communication (written, verbal and listening).
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, decision making and conflict resolution skills.
- Time management and multitasking skills.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Strong relationship building, influencing and people management skills.
- Strong ability to collaborate.
- Ability to manage effectively in ambiguous circumstances.
Required Experience Required Experience
- 3 – 5 years of laboratory experience.
- Familiarity with equipment and instrumentation typically found in a microbiology laboratory
- 1 – 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of Collective Agreement interpretation.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Compliance with all laws specific to laboratory operations including Health Information Act, Privacy Legislation, and Transport Canada regulations.
- Biohazard safety training.
- Familiarity with equipment and instrumentation typically found in a microbiology laboratory.
- Medical laboratory Technologist certified (diploma or degree).
- Successful completion of CSMLS examination.
- WHMIS training.
- Must possess and retain registration with CMLTA annually.
- Working knowledge of CPSA and CAP accreditation standards and guidelines.
- The current shift indicated is subject to change due to operational requirements
- Please note that the anticipated start date of this position is January 16, 2017.
- Please note that this is a temporary position, ending on or before January 2018.
- All persons newly hired to Dyna LIFE Dx must show their SIN card and government issued photo ID to Human Resources prior to commencing work.
- All persons hired to Dyna LIFE Dx must be authorized to work in Canada for any employer.
- Individuals hired into all positions must provide verification of their highest level of education.
- A security clearance will be required for employees newly hired to Dyna LIFE Dx .
- A security clearance with vulnerable sector completed may be required for employees newly hired to Dyna LIFE Dx
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-05