OverviewDykeland Lodge Director of Resident Care Full Time in Windsor, NS
Branch Windsor NS CA
Director of Resident Care
Computer literate (familiar with internet, Microsoft office products). Communicates effectively with all departments, associations, other facilities and…
Dykeland Lodge is an one hundred and eleven (111) bed long term care facility. It is a not for profit facility whose operations are overseen by a Board of Directors appointed by three municipal units (Town of Windsor, Town of Hantsport and Municipality of West Hants).
Job Description The Director enables and supports the provision of quality compassionate resident centered care. Reporting to the Administrator, the Director of Resident Care is responsible for managing resident care services and leading, mentoring and developing a strong care team .
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and current registration with College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia
- A degree in nursing is considered an asset
- Education/ experience in geriatrics, Alzheimer’s and related Dementias, P.I.E.C.E.S and responsive behaviors.
- Psychogeratric clinical experience is an asset
- Computer literate (familiar with internet, Microsoft office products)
- Must be a team player
- Excellent clinical, communication, and interpersonal skills for dealing with staff, residents, and their families
- Minimum of five years management experience in a unionized environment
- Experience in long term care an asset
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates resident care delivery
- Works with the Unit Managers to provide support and assistance to families, residents and staff. Acts as a clinical resource for nursing staff.
- Maintains information system within the department to ensure effective communication and positive interpersonal relations between staff and residents
- Establishes short and long term goals for the department that are consistent the mission, vision and values of the facility as well as future resident care needs based on changing demographics, technologies, and legislation
- With assistance of Unit Managers and collaboration of all staff, assesses, manages and sustains infection, wound care and quality control practices.
- Communicates effectively with all departments, associations, other facilities and government departments to promote optimum care of residents.
- Manages the overall Human Resources requirements for the department
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Windsor, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-14