OverviewDream Unlimited Manager, Purchasing Full Time in Regina, SK
Branch Regina SK CA
Extensive knowledge of home building, estimating and construction building material purchasing. 7-10 years of progressive purchasing/estimating experience in…
Dream Unlimited is looking for a Manager of Purchasing Dream Unlimited is always looking for the best and brightest to join its thriving community. Dream’s Land & Housing team is growing, and is currently looking for a Manager of Purchasing to help execute the division’s purchasing strategy located in Regina.
Who are you? Are you a solid negotiator and extremely organized? Are you a strong leader with good judgment? If so, read on. We want to hear from you.
Over your seven to ten years of experience in Purchasing/Estimating, you’ve learned the importance of being organized and communicating clearly: you are comfortable cultivating and managing relationships with business partners while making your goals and targets understood and respected. You are creative and able to make sound decisions on your own, so you won’t have any trouble implementing a strategy that helps your team reach its objectives.
We want you on board because you are a strong leader who leads by example: not only do you fit in with our culture, but you will be an ambassador for it and live our values, fostering an environment conducive to working hard while having fun. Last, but certainly not least, you keep the customer in mind in all that you do, aiming to provide customers with a superior experience.
We want to bring on someone who is passionate, dedicated, and who knows how to have fun. In other words, we want you to fit in here. This is a chance for you to take initiative, be creative, and help your team achieve its goals, all in a work environment that is fast-paced, dynamic and fun. Are you ready?
What will you do? You’ll be in charge of implementing and managing a best in class marketing strategy to drive growth for the company. Below are a few of the primary responsibilities this entails:
- Provide leadership in executing the Land and Housing purchasing/costing strategy in Regina, working closely with your colleagues in other cities.
- Manage the Regina purchasing team and develop and execute a vision for the team that delivers the desired top line and bottom line results, supervising workload, performance and effectiveness;
- Provide leadership in the overall performance management of the team, including setting clear expectations and objectives, providing coaching and measuring results, establish an environment which motivates and engages talent to achieve desired results;
- Build partnership with key stakeholders within Dream and the communities where we do business;
- Responsible for strategic forecasting and contract negotiation.
- Assist Director, Purchasing with developing purchasing policy and procedures. Participate in the development of specs for equipment, products and/or materials.
- Perform analysis of cost estimates, prepare contingency, escalation and reconciliation for estimates. Conduct comparisons of scope and cost data between different projects.
- Maintain pricing and discount terms and allowances continuously.
- Serve as a key member of management of the department.
What type of experience do you have? These are just the basic things we’d like you to bring to the table. We look forward to hearing about your passion and the contributions you hope to make to the team:
- We ask that you have a post-secondary degree/diploma in Civil Engineering Technologist (majoring in Construction Management) or Architectural Technologies (residential stream) or related field. Purchasing Management Association Canada (PMAC) designation would be considered an asset.
- 7-10 years of progressive purchasing/estimating experience in residential construction, 5-7 of which in a leadership role.
- Extensive knowledge of home building, estimating and construction building material purchasing.
- You have a solid understanding on site construction management and how all the different trades work interdependent of one another in order to ensure sequential work activities.
- Math is one of your strong points, ability to analyze, look for trends and to estimate at an advanced level.
- Strong computer application skills with proven proficiency in MS Office. If you have previous experience with JDE Homebuilder, bonus!
- Strong verbal and written business communication skills.
- We expect you to be proactive and have creative problem solving skills.
Who are we? Dream Unlimited Corp. is a real estate investment, development and management company that creates value at every stage of the real estate cycle. Since the business was created in 1994, Dream has grown substantially, becoming one of Canada’s leading and most consistently innovative real estate companies with over $14 billion of assets.
While on the surface we may not seem that different from our competitors, it’s our attitude and approach that truly set us apart. We are guided by our entrepreneurial spirit; we seize unconventional opportunities and try new things, approaching every project with passion and purpose.
We care about our employees. We want everyone to have a rewarding career and to work and have fun with people they like, so we provide exciting work opportunities, open work environments, and fun events. Once you join us, it won’t take long to figure out why your colleagues like it so much here.
Thanks for reading all the way through! We can’t wait to meet you.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Regina, SK, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24