OverviewDovre Canada Limited Right of way coordinator Full Time in St. John’s, NL
Dovre Canada Limited
Branch St. John’s NL CA
Right of way coordinator
St. John’s, NL
Technical or high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and related experience. Experience with implementing quality programs for clearing…
- Technical or high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience with implementing quality programs for clearing activities, access road construction, bridge and culvert installation
- Experience working in a team environment
- Working knowledge of incident investigation / root cause analysis
- Incumbent must be willing to work from remote work sites as required
- Incumbent must be willing to travel to remote sites by boat, AN or helicopter as conditions dictate
- Experience with, and knowledge of job hazards associated with logging operations and safety programs and plans to deal with same
- Experience with monitoring productivity and utilization
- Experience with environmental issues and potential logging activity concerns
- Experience in Forest Engineering and/or operational forest operations considered an asset
- Safety oriented.
- Demonstrated willingness to adhere to the client’s vision and core values.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate with other team members.
- Self-starter, who identifies priority tasks, puts plans in place to complete, and delivers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with a variety of personnel, and other industry participants, both internal and external.
- Thrives to be an active team player, but can effectively work independently.
- Proven skills in effectively managing multiple tasks, often under pressure and within time constraints.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Incumbent must be willing to work in a remote location.
This position will be responsible to work with the LCP Construction Transmission Lines team. Reports to the Area Construction Manager Reservoir Clearing. Maintains functional relationships with the Site Quality Manager. Reports daily to the Area Construction Manager Reservoir Clearing – on the progress of the civil works.
- All activities required to ensure that transmission line right of way clearing and temporary facilities, such as temporary building and converters, are built as per specification.
- Coordination between different work fronts to provide access to the field for construction activities.
- Implement and participate in monitoring, surveillance and inspection programs for clearing of the reservoir.
- To verify and assure satisfactory quality performance of the work by Contractors and Supplier’s at site
- Review the quality records performed by contractor;
- Control the deficiencies and the non-conformities;
- Manage the work progress in accordance with the project schedules and the terms and obligations of the clearing contracts;
- Authority: to act in co-ordination with the Area Construction Manager;
- Ensure that quality control procedures are implemented;
- Ensure contractors are using current approved drawings and specifications issued for his contract;
- Report on a daily bases, the progress and performance of crews at sites;
- Ensure coordination for field access and taking care of environmental constraints;
- Establish and maintain order and cleanliness on the site;
- Implement all applicable QA/QC oversight, monitoring, surveillance and inspection plans, procedures and checklists for inspecting and reporting of the work activities;
- Perform monitoring, surveillance and inspection of the work (reservoir clearing, access road construction, bridge and culvert installation) on behalf of the client, to ensure contractors’ and suppliers’ quality programs are fully implemented and effective through review and acceptance of contractors’ quality documentation
- Ensure full compliance with the regulatory requirements, technical specifications, drawings and any special supplier installation procedures as defined in contractors and suppliers’ inspection and test plans;
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly inspection reports and maintain quality control files of all ongoing construction work;
- Implement the quality audit and surveillance plan and issue reports such as corrective actions, non-conformances, and observations;
- Work with Contractors and Suppliers to ensure clarity in understanding project and technical requirements;
- Interface daily with engineering team to ensure compliance to all technical specifications and drawings for selected scopes;
- Review documentation received from contractor (stream crossing information) for implementation and compliance;
- Attend construction meetings as required;
- Work with contractors and suppliers to ensure all audit findings, NCR, etc. are closed.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saint John's, NL, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-22