OverviewDomtar Coordinator, Canadian Payroll (15-month temporary position) Temporary in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Coordinator, Canadian Payroll (15-month temporary position)
The payroll group has as a mission to manage the payroll operations within a timeframe, conform to the fiscal rules and regulations in addition to the
The payroll group has as a mission to manage the payroll operations within a timeframe, conform to the fiscal rules and regulations in addition to the policies and procedures of the company.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Payroll, your role will consist to produce, by collaborating with the coordination team, the pay of all non-unionized employees of all Domtar’s divisions in a timely and accurate manner ensuring quality of information generated.
More specifically, you will have to:
- Carry out activities relating to payroll production : bank deposits; accounting; suppliers interfaces; government remittances; the issue of records of employment, etc.;
- Make special payments, employment termination compensation, and RRSP transfers for all Canadian employees;
- Enter data for alimony and wages garnishment;
- Production of various monthly reports;
- Production of various adjusting entries;
- Balance and prepare payments for various suppliers;
- Balance and reconcile net wages;
- Respond to requests from internal and external clients;
- Participate in the fiscal year-end process;
- Work in close cooperation with the IT functional analyst on the annual update of the SAP HR/Payroll system (tests);
- Work in close cooperation with the HR team on the fiscal year-end process.
You must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests (for some positions) and references verification.
Domtar promotes an equal opportunity program and invites women, visible minorities, Natives and disabled people to apply.
- You have a college diploma in administration or accounting and you have between three (3) to five (5) of experience in a similar position;
- Certification (level 1) of the Payroll Canadian Association is an asset;
- Experience with a major payroll software application as well as knowledge of the SAP system will be considered assets;
- You have a good knowledge of GL conciliations and fiscal rules (an asset);
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office Software, particularly with Excel;
- You are known for your sound judgment, resourcefulness and strong ability to prioritize;
- You are a team player;
- This position requires the ability to execute responsibilities with a minimum amount of coaching;
- Though working hours are usually set, there are peak periods requiring a great deal of availability;
- You are fluent in both French and English, spoken and written.
- A downtown location (Place-des-Arts metro) – Garden/park;
- A modern, spacious and dynamic environment;
- A pension plan with matching company contributions to help make planning for your retirement easy.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-25